Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question!! Filling the gas on my 2015 Road Glide Special is a pta!!!
I have tried every different angle, filling slowly but it still splashes ALL over the place!!
Is anyone else having this problem & more importantly does anyone have a good suggestion??
I heard some where that there is an anti-siphon deal in the tank, I'm wondering if this has something to do with it??

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2011, not sure what is different about the new ones. I always grab several paper towels and cover the gap. I use several because I don't want it soaking through and getting on my hands.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not sure why you'd be having issues. Unless I'm careless when refueling, I've never had an issue with my 2012 that I traded in or the new 2015.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My '09 is a PITA compared to any other bike that I have ever put fuel in!

'Trying every way that I can think of, parking the bike with the pump on the left seems to work the best for me...

·
Registered
93 Posts
top off issue

Yes, I have a 2010 and getting that last 1/2 or more is a pain.
I usually just shake and tilt several times to get the air pocket out.
The next time I have the filler off/out I'll drill breathing holes in the top front.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I fill my 2011 until the nozzle clicks off, then pull it out a bit & then click the nozzle until it's completely full, but some nozzles work better than others & you will get some splashes. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Definitely a problem on the 2015 RG. You just have to adjust the angle and go slow with the gas. There are some threads on modifying the internals to solve this problem on the HD forums but it looked like more of a pita then messing with the fuel. I also carry some detailing spray and a microfiber cloth to clean up what I spill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info Screaminz, I'll check it out!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Interesting. I see no difference between my '15 and '12 RGs for fueling. Do you guys live in a state where you have the emissions collar surrounding the nozzle?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some here in WA state have the emission collars but I'm having problems with the standard type.
It helps when I angle it as much as possible to the side but it still spits all over the place, even when filling slowly???????? I'm going to remove the filler assembly from my tank and take a closer look.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Speedie you have a 2015 now?Or both bikes.

BIAMC Hawkeye
Great to see you again!! Got rid of the 2012 RGU and picked up a 2015 RGS last Saturday. And today it snowed .... so not many miles yet. But waiting for the brown truck to bring me a few add-ons.

Hope all is well.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
On my 13 I always just fill it slowly & hold my hand over the hole to stop the droplets that seem to splash so easily.

·
Registered
805 Posts
At Daytona Bike week I asked the M.C. reps why it's soo hard to fill my gas tank all the way. There reply was because the gas mfrs put air into the gas. I had to laugh out loud. What a load of crap ans that was. Shaking the mc a few times each time it fills to the neck allows more gas in but still not all the way. Trying a different tactic now by raising the front of the tank to see if that helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a 2007 RG and never had problems with gas spiting out on the tank. I now have a new 2015 RG and found out pretty quick that no matter how careful I was it still spit gas on the tank. I grab some paper towels and stuff them around the filler neck to catch any spiting gas. The fuel door angle doesn't help much either...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts