Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Hertz 6.5's installed in the fairing and Hertz 6X9's installed in the bags with a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp. At highway speeds I'm still having difficulty hearing them, very loud stationary! Could it be I need to change the stock windshield? Pretty please help!!!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
yeah, maybe you need a windshield. throw in some earplugs. You might actually hear the radio better without the wind buffeting your eardrums. IF that fixes your problem, then get yourself a windshield

·
Registered
593 Posts
throw in some earplugs. You might actually hear the radio better without the wind buffeting your eardrums.
I've found this to be true also. It may seem counterintuitive, but I hear the radio better with earplugs in because they "filter" the wind noise. But I'm surprised it's a factor with your upgrades.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I just had Hertz 6.5's installed in the fairing and Hertz 6X9's installed in the bags with a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp. At highway speeds I'm still having difficulty hearing them, very loud stationary! Could it be I need to change the stock windshield? Pretty please help!!!!!

Which Rockford amp? The 6x9s are useless on the road. Your front is where you make your money when moving. I have the same speakers you have with a JL XD400/4 and my fronts are loud and clear at highway speed with KW 8" shield.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The 6x9s are useless on the road. Your front is where you make your money when moving.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Speakers in front are what you are going to hear at speed.

Aero management on the Road Glides is a big factor of sound at speed.

'Have the flaps, GADS LTTD, Vented Lowers, 12" WindSplitter (nothing but clean air at any speed) J&M Rokkers / XTs in the fairing & lowers, Rokker 500 in the fairing = clean, full sound at 90+ !!! (even for the bsr).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Besides a taller windshield, (I have the 15 inch wind splitter). Get a set of wind deflectors fro HD. They go on the crash bar in front of the gas tank. As soon as I put them on I could here my stereo all they way up to 80mph or more. They send air over your head and it puts you in a burble with much less wind noise. They are only like $35, best upgrade I did.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for all the replies, I'm new to the site and to my Road Glide, I'm learning a lot. This bike is nothing like my Heritage Softail, lol, Thanks a million.

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Hey thanks for all the replies, I'm new to the site and to my Road Glide, I'm learning a lot. This bike is nothing like my Heritage Softail, lol, Thanks a million.
Also try the Sancho wings. The work well with the crash bar wind baffles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
for the fronts I did have a Massive 960 wt amp and 4- 6.5" pioneers and can hear it fine ( as well as anyone who is close to me LOL) at any speed.. I added the 6x9's in the bags to add some bass and fill out the sound at slow speeds and parked...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts