Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rid of the stock HK head unit, and the Hog Tunes REV kit in my bike. I installed a Pioneer DEH-X8700BH head unit with the V Twin Audio face plate and splash guard. I replaced the amp with a Rockford Fosgate T400X2AD, and the speakers with Infinity Kappa 62.11i's. I was trying to program the Axxess box to make my switches work. For some reason, when the bike has the ignition on but not running, it works fine. When the bike is running, the volume up changes the CD to the previous track, volume down turns the volume up. The right switch makes the radio mute, and none of the other switch functions do anything. Very confusing, and getting very annoying. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I got rid of the stock HK head unit, and the Hog Tunes REV kit in my bike. I installed a Pioneer DEH-X8700BH head unit with the V Twin Audio face plate and splash guard. I replaced the amp with a Rockford Fosgate T400X2AD, and the speakers with Infinity Kappa 62.11i's. I was trying to program the Axxess box to make my switches work. For some reason, when the bike has the ignition on but not running, it works fine. When the bike is running, the volume up changes the CD to the previous track, volume down turns the volume up. The right switch makes the radio mute, and none of the other switch functions do anything. Very confusing, and getting very annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
I know on some HB modules you need to cut a oem wire in the fairing & ground it. Not familiar with yours.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Are you using a PAC controller for the controls? If you are make sure you ground the correct side of the cut pink/white wire. I'm using the PAC controller but I mistakenly grounded the wrong end of the pink wire and could not for the life of me program it. After about 30 mins I realized what I did and grounded the proper end. After that the programming took about 5mins and works great

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Yeah, I did the pink/white wire if that's what you mean.
Yes, thats right . Did you cut the right one , and ground the correct side ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My buddy that does custom stereo installation was actually the one that hooked up the Axxess box. Im pretty sure he had it hooked up right. At first he accidently hooked up the wrong side of the cut pink wire, but the controller didnt work at all. Then he switched it, and it worked fine until I disconnected the battery to rehook up my battery tender.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Check your grounds are clean & tight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I soldered my Axxess box into the radio ground that I soldered into the Metra wiring harness adapter that plugs into the stock radio harness. Was i supposed to ground the Axxess box directly to the frame?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I soldered my Axxess box into the radio ground that I soldered into the Metra wiring harness adapter that plugs into the stock radio harness. Was i supposed to ground the Axxess box directly to the frame?
I would.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Gary, I'm going to take the fairing apart tomorrow afternoon and work on it again. But NOT looking forward to putting the fairing back together! Last night time it took my brother and I about an hour trying to get it lined up properly. It was my first time doing it though.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. I just grounded the AXXESS box into the ground for my amp which runs directly to the battery. Still doesnt work. Was doing the same thing it was that i put on the first post in this thread. Everytime i reset the box, it brings up a diffrent amount of flasshes, indicating diffrent makes of stereos. I even tried programming it while running, and while running at 3000 rpm as i saw stated in a diffrent thread. Still not working. Im sick of ripping this fairing apart, and more sick of trying to put it together. PLEASE HELP:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem solved! After a six pack of Coors Light, I had my srereo install buddy mess with it. After watching him for 2 hours, and having 6 more Coors, he figured it out. By running a pig tail ground from the axxess box to the fairing mount, it finally programmed right. He also had to leave it grounded to the amplifier ground as well for it to work. Neither of us knew why it had to be this way, but he was at wits end and trying anything he could think of.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now for the system configuration. This system ROCKS!!! My stereo install buddy was SUPER impressed with the loudness and clarity of this set up. So am I. Glad I spent the extra money on the T400X2AD amp. Not only is that thing a power house, I shouldn't have to worry about overheating issues like the PBR300X2, because of the cooling fans. And it's 50 watts per channel more than the PBR. Also very happy with the Pioneer DEH-X8700BH head unit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts