Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems transmitting on my cb. I can receive just fine. Tried multiple known good headsets, checked the connections on the cb module & in the tour pak. Cleaned some rust off of the antenna base. Have the correct antenna on the correct position. Other radios can hear the break or click when I hit the PTT. I've adjusted the squelch up & down. Just can't hear me talking. Should I have the SWR checked? Or possibly a new antenna? Getting frustrated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Been having sporadic problems myself with mine. CB seems to transmit fine for an hour or so then quits transmitting. I think mine is in the plug in the dash. Spoke to my service guy at bike night the other night about the esp fixing it. Have tried numerous good headsets and it still gets stupid at times.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Had a great ride around the Grand Canyon this past weekend with riding buds on a Street Glide Ultra and CVO Street Glide Ultra. When at a stop they can hear me transmit just fine. At speed they say they cannot understand me at all. I've tried different wind socks but to no avail. Any other recommendations? I can hear them perfectly. Range is about 1/4 mile for me to receive their signal. Using the Harley CB with J*M Headsets.

Thanks in advance.

BG

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Had a great ride around the Grand Canyon this past weekend with riding buds on a Street Glide Ultra and CVO Street Glide Ultra. When at a stop they can hear me transmit just fine. At speed they say they cannot understand me at all. I've tried different wind socks but to no avail. Any other recommendations? I can hear them perfectly. Range is about 1/4 mile for me to receive their signal. Using the Harley CB with J*M Headsets.

Thanks in advance.

BG
Sounds like they need to adjust the squelch on their radios a bit. I did that a few times this summer when traveling to and from SW IV.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Thanks in advance.

BG
You need a new CB module. My wife's Limited did the EXACT same thing and they replaced the module. Works great now. You can always try another headset if you haven't done that already, but on hers, the CB module was the culprit. I could hear her fine when we were sitting still, then all static once we started moving. Now that she has the new module it works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts