Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So question of the day for me. Can I add a procharger to a 117" build and how bad would the price make me cry LMAO!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Its only money

So question of the day for me. Can I add a procharger to a 117" build and how bad would the price make me cry LMAO!
My buddy just put one a worked S&S124. He had to go back to lower compression pistons and a higher lift cam. All said and done he was out of somewhere around 8K, but he has over 200HP and Torque.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Call Frank at Dragos, it can definitely be done..... I've thought about a Pro Charger or Turbo, but then my older self kicks in and asks why. ... and I can't reasonably justify it. :confused: edit.... as soon as I submit my post I see Frank has already answered, lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seems like if you have to ask how much, you cant afford it :)

Remember; building it is one thing, maintenance on it is another

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You can have

1. Fast
2. Dependable
3. Cheap

pick any 2

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fast and dependable of course :) Never was looking for cheap and just because I asked doesnt mean I cant afford it. Nothing done on my bike so far has been cheap thats for sure..

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just had a call from a Calgary, Alberta, client the other week, that we had sent him a set of our Stage IV Heads for use with a blower on his 107".
He alerted us that his combination tuned off at his local dyno shop at just a tick over 180 hp.
I asked about the torque, but could not remember, but the 180 number stuck in his head.:)
Scott

·
Registered
98 Posts
Get ahold of Frank over at DragosBikeWorks for all your Blower/Turbo needs.He built my 107" with a set of his StageIV Heads.Dyno'd at 209/169 the motor has been absolutely trouble free for the last 5yrs.now going on 6.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Get ahold of Frank over at DragosBikeWorks for all your Blower/Turbo needs.He built my 107" with a set of his StageIV Heads.Dyno'd at 209/169 the motor has been absolutely trouble free for the last 5yrs.now going on 6.
How many miles?

·
Registered
98 Posts
How many miles?
12k...Other than an occasional PTO belt no problems at all ,and that's only because I'm running too small of a pulley {255} and the boost{15psi} is stacking up.The only cure for that is a larger pulley or higher flowing heads and then it has to be completely retuned.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm running the 120R and I've had her up to 120mph so far and she was screamin' for more....that's just about as fast as I need to go on a bagger for now! More power to you guys for wanting more. Ride on!

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I'm running the 120R and I've had her up to 120mph so far and she was screamin' for more....that's just about as fast as I need to go on a bagger for now! More power to you guys for wanting more. Ride on!
Kind of the way I feel, my 107 will peg the meter no problem, the thought of having more power seems fun, problem is I know I'll try it. :eek: I really don't need to be racing or being tempted to see what my bike will do, it has enough power to get out of the way and cruise comfortably and with little effort.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What boost was it dynoed with for that number, and what boost does it use for street use?:)
Scott

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I'm running the 120R and I've had her up to 120mph so far and she was screamin' for more....that's just about as fast as I need to go on a bagger for now!
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you get there.........

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I've thought about a pro charger for the bike. Have one on my car and it is an easy daily driver and when I want more it is there with no lag or hesitation. Looks wise though IMHO it's just too much hanging off a bike. But this is from a guy with a Madstad. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
What boost was it dynoed with for that number, and what boost does it use for street use?:)
Scott
It was Dyno'd with 15lbs.boost same as I run everyday on the street.Like I said in order to run less boost you have to change the pulley and then totally retune it again.It was Dyno'd at 6300rpm's we set the rev limit to 6000rpm's for everyday riding.At 200hp there's not a lot of people to mess with {in the Harley world}as it is.It'll run with an occassional Busa's stoplight to stoplight but after that it's pretty over for me.If you want to check out the Dyno you can go to Prochargers website.No games,no happy dyno's ,no BS just plain old brute horsepower.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curious if you have to change to a chain instead of Belt if you put a procharger on it. Also is there anything else that has to be changed to accomadate the extra horses

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you get there.........
Exactly!! When I ride I keep it about 6-9 above posted limit, but getting to that limit is where all the fun is, although I've always wondered if you would be able to light up the tires at 55. I'd turbo mine in a second if I had the coin laying around!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts