Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing with out smoking? I have 2 weeks in(quit on my 51st birthday)with the help of the patch. Sure don't miss the smelling like an ashtray. Tougher than quitting drinking(12 and a half years). Soon as I'm off the patch I'll have some extra cash for the bike and maybe even a new gun.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,951 Posts
Good luck with quitting smoking. It's a tough battle but one you can win. They say that after 2 weeks the physical addiction is over because all of the nicotine has been processed through your body. But then there's the habitual addiction to deal with. I used the patch for 2-3 weeks and then just quit cold turkey (not what everyone should do). I've been off the butts for 17 years now. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Keep goin it does get better. 2 1/2 years for me cold turkey (mrs shemp was grumpy the whole time). I still keep my humidor fresh but afraid to light up, don't want to slip

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
830 Posts
Momma and I both quit about 4 years ago. I still avg a couple cigars a year though.
We used Chantix (sp?) Made it pretty easy for us....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
How's everyone doing with out smoking? I have 2 weeks in(quit on my 51st birthday)with the help of the patch. Sure don't miss the smelling like an ashtray. Tougher than quitting drinking(12 and a half years). Soon as I'm off the patch I'll have some extra cash for the bike and maybe even a new gun.
Great Job ~ I have quit twice for over a year and the beginning of this year a month ~ It will happen eventually ~ I did it all three times cold turkey ~ no fun for sure ~

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hang in there it gets easier. A lot easier. 4 years last April for me 20. Years on those damn things. Luv not needing them I stilm want them but mot enough to go down that road....stay strong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts