Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I had them got the Heavy Duty version, they were way better than the stock POS shocks, shud have gotten the standard version , these were a little stiff, but definitely were good for the price, I think I paid 200 clams for them,as entry level they are good bang for the buck, I am running the HD premiums now and love them, got a take off pair off another member for a sweet deal.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Does anyone have Progressive 412's on their bike?
I still have a pair of 412-4074 in a toolbox drawer. They’re black 11.5 with a 115/155 spring. They worked better than stock for sure. I ran them long enough that the bushings aren’t quite centered anymore. Perfectly useable though. If you want them to at least see if they work for you I’ll take the cost of shipping for them. If you’re interested PM me a phone number or email and I’ll send you pics.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have a pair of 412-4074 in a toolbox drawer. They’re black 11.5 with a 115/155 spring. They worked better than stock for sure. I ran them long enough that the bushings aren’t quite centered anymore. Perfectly useable though. If you want them to at least see if they work for you I’ll take the cost of shipping for them. If you’re interested PM me a phone number or email and I’ll send you pics.
Thanks for the offer! I just received mine today and will install them tomorrow. Thanks again!

Doug

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had them got the Heavy Duty version, they were way better than the stock POS shocks, shud have gotten the standard version , these were a little stiff, but definitely were good for the price, I think I paid 200 clams for them,as entry level they are good bang for the buck, I am running the HD premiums now and love them, got a take off pair off another member for a sweet deal.
Speaking of the stock POS shocks, I don't think mine have ever held air since the day I bought my bike new back in 2006. All I know is that they suck as far as the ride goes. Bouncy as hell!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure will. I was going to go with Progressive 944's, but I just couldn't see spending $ 600.00+ for shocks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got home from having my new Progressive 412s installed. Definitely a huge improvement over the stock POS air shocks!!!! A much more smoother, stable ride.

I found a good place for my stock air shocks. The trash! They actually leaked oil out of the air inlet holes when I turned them upside down! Good riddance!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts