Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these shocks, and can give me their opinion I would appreciate it. I like the air ride, I'm just trying to see if there is better out there w/o spending $1000.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Old post and you have probably already made a decision but if your going to go to Progressive I would go with either the 440 or the 940. The 416 is a lower level shock and IMO may still be better than the stock HD Air Shocks iit is a long way from the 440 or 940.

440 can be found from Phatperformance and Eastern for the mid $ 400s and 940 which are their top of the line "Touring" Shock and is a 13" shock that sits the bike at the lowered ride height of a 12" (SG or RGC) shock, they can be found for 459 -479 from US Motoman on E Bay or direct from his site.

if you go with the 940 they are set up stiff and if you are solo under 225 lbs they may be a little stiff , if so contact Progressive Tech Support and ask for a RMA to send the shocks to them for a lighter spring. They will do it no charge and pay shipping back (so your cost flat rate box from USPS is 10.00 or less) and turn around is less than a week.

I had mine changed and Im told that they may have the lighter spring set up available option when you order the shocks direct from the factory

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't done it yet. But, I'm leaning toward the 940's. I'm thinking pick them up new for around 459 to 479, don't even take them out of the box. Just call progressive and ship them for new springs. I'm 185-190lbs.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I have the 440 Heavy Duty shocks in black on my bike and I love the way they ride. I did not want to lower my bike because I scrape the floorboards enough as it is. By the way it is a lot better ride then the stock air shocks but I have not tried them riding 2up yet but my daughter is visiting this weekend so I will take her for a ride and then I can get a idea on how he 440,s feel riding 2up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the 440 regular shock 12 in on my bike. I loved it, but when the wife and I went out, we bottomed out so much it wasn't funny. She and I are not fat either. I should have tried the 440 HD 12 inch shock. But I threw the old oem air shock back on and just sold them.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I had the 440 regular shock 12 in on my bike. I loved it, but when the wife and I went out, we bottomed out so much it wasn't funny. She and I are not fat either. I should have tried the 440 HD 12 inch shock. But I threw the old oem air shock back on and just sold them.
Did you adjust the 440's to the max when you were riding 2up? That is one reason why I am not into lowering my bike, IMO the lower the bike the more I am going to loose in ride and handling. The 940's are suppose to give you a 13" suspension and still lower the bike a inch but I don't know how the ride is. No matter which shocks you get you may want to consider the heavy duty shocks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If your riding 2 up more than 50% of the time the 940 with stock springs (115-150lbs) may be OK, they will be stiff solo but good 2 up. That is the same spring rate as the 440HD (115-150) they are setup for max load

1 - 7 of 7 Posts