Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting out on a lunch ride a couple weeks ago I went the the usual checks on the bike. Tires lights and so on. Noticed the factory right side shock had a nice oil spot on the bottom. Figures just lost warranty. Air pressure held for the 45 mile trip to eat bit was dead empty after. Buddy of mine says he has a progressive 416 stock height kit for touring Harley he doesn't need em due to he has a BMW now. Price is 200 bucks for the kit. Part number matches what I need but I can't find any info on if they are a good shock or not. Any help appreciated!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
614 Posts
They are replacements for the stock HD shock, better than stock air shocks but not as good as Progressive 444, 944 , Ohlins, JRI ect.

There is a lot of reading on shocks and a lot of opinions

Basically an air shock is a great and easy way to compensate for load differences or ride heights this is why they are used on trucks for performance (handling and comfort) they are lacking in many ways and you will find that a gas pressurized oil dampened shock is the better selection if you are looking for the best overall ride.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/hd/416series/index.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts