Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sell my 11.5" 440s off my 2010. About 5k miles on them, excellent shape. These are the version with the heavy duty springs.

Would like to get $375 shipped.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been thinking about trying 11.5s on my 09, but was worried about 'bottoming out' and tire rub on fender. Did you have any issues with this? Curious about why you took them off.
Troy

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been thinking about trying 11.5s on my 09, but was worried about 'bottoming out' and tire rub on fender. Did you have any issues with this? Curious about why you took them off.
Troy
No tire rub issues. I did have bottoming out issues until I realized that I had installed them out of the box and never set the preload. Once I set the preload it would only bottom out on really big bumps.

I still have them on the bike, I'm just wanting to try a set of 940s since 90% of my riding is 2 up now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am buying my RG tomorrow. This is one of the mods on my list. Will these fit an 08 and what disadvantages are there to them IF you only ride two up occasionally? Does preload need changed every time when switching from solo to two up? I am assuming they are black in color?

Thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am buying my RG tomorrow. This is one of the mods on my list. Will these fit an 08 and what disadvantages are there to them IF you only ride two up occasionally? Does preload need changed every time when switching from solo to two up? I am assuming they are black in color?

Thanks!
Same part number for an 08, so yes they fit. They are the black ones with the HD springs. Your preload requirements will vary on your 1 and 2 up weight. I'm 300 lbs alone, so I need a lot of preload by myself. Add my girl on and it need max preload for 2 up riding. Only because it'll bottom out over big bumps at this height.

For a lighter rider, you won't need as much preload. Whether you want to change the preload for 1 and 2 up is up to you. Most people just leave it set for 2 up. Changing preload is just a matter of twisting the upper collars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts