Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an excellent deal on like new 12" 440s and I had the 1" LAC kit already on the factory air shocks. My question is, has anyone run this set up? Any negative effects? Probably will try either way, but now that it has snowed 2" tonight it's going to be awhile. Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
I doubt you'll have any problems with the using the lowering blocks with the 12" shocks. After all, the stock length for the 10 and newer customs is 12". A few folks here with the stock 12" air shocks that use the blocks. My shocks were 13" and I used the blocks for 30k plus miles without any issues.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Stroke

Length is no where related to what will or will not work. It is the stroke. What year bike do you have is the question. A 2009~current FLT will not go below Mounting Bolt Center to Mounting Bolt Center (swing arm to frame bung) 8 3/4" at maximum compression or the left side swing arm binds with the frame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your response. Mine is a '10 Custom. Guess I worded my question incorrectly. I'm running the stock 12" air shocks with a LAC 1" lowering kit now and like the looks, but not a fan of the factory shocks performance at all. What I was wondering is if the performance / ride quality is going to be less of the potential of the 440s while using the LAC kit. I know the upgrade to the 440s will definitely improve the ride, but was looking for someone's experience running the same set up or with the Progressive 444s. Thanks

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Besides the stock shocks sucking, did you notice any difference in ride quality after you put the blocks on? I doubt it and because the progressives are way better than the stock shocks I doubt you'll have a problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got around to installing the 440s. Due to the shocks being much wider at the bottom where they mount compared to the stockers, the lowering kit will not work. Needless to say, the ride is much improved. Can't wait till spring is here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts