Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RGU with 13" stock shocks. I'm going with 21 front and 17 rear wheels and doing the 2" drop front fork monotubes. I'm wondering if going to a 12" progressive 444 rear shock with 200 mm rear tire. If my rear fender will constantly hit the rear tire? I'm 230 and ride solo most of the time. It's the heavy duty shocks also. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I have a 2013 RGU with 13" stock shocks. I'm going with 21 front and 17 rear wheels and doing the 2" drop front fork monotubes. I'm wondering if going to a 12" progressive 444 rear shock with 200 mm rear tire. If my rear fender will constantly hit the rear tire? I'm 230 and ride solo most of the time. It's the heavy duty shocks also. Thanks.

I can't see that happening. I had non HD 412 shocks at 11.5 inches and when two up my wife and I are 320. Never hit the fender. You should have no problems with Heavy Duty 444s

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I agree with Richie. I'm running a 21/17 minus 2 front and 11.5" Progressive 444. I haven't had any issues with bottoming out. I do ride solo at 180 lbs. I haven't been on a trip yet so I haven't carried a load yet. The 444's can easily be adjusted if necessary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot. Glad to know I won't bottom out. I was going with the 2" drop in front but went with 1". Crash bar looking pretty close to fender without me on it. Still look pretty cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put the 444's on and they feel great. Bike is dropped like a custom in the back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts