Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with RG Ultras and the 444...I bought and installed the 444/13" on my Ultra and I am 1" lower than stock. What gives?

I know I am lower because I had the SG Custom factory air shocks on before.
I am trying to get factory Ultra ride height.

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I know they say the 944's sit at 12" laden. Maybe the same with the 444. Does it raise up unladen ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it sits 1" lower. It sits exactly like the custom shocks from Harley.

·
Registered
692 Posts
From what I understand after talking with the sales person at Direct Cycle parts (where I bought my 444s) and talking with a tech at Progressive, the '09 and later model Street glide and RGC came with 12 " shocks ... for the lower sporty look.
I ordered 12" for my 2013 only to discover that it had 13" factory shocks.
So I returned the 12s for the 13s.
Still had to convince the sales guy that my factory shocks were really 13" measured eye to eye.

To answer BG - no, the 444s don't sit lower than what the stated length is.

I don't know why you would be an inch lower than stock unless you were sent the wrong length.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I put 444s on mine earlier this year and they were about an eight inch longer than stock. You must have gotten 12s

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree with whats been mentioned. As silly as it may sound, you may have received the 12" by mistake. The 13s should measure 13" eye to eye.
My other thought would be that the shocks are faulty out of the box and are sagging too much?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help. I called progressive and they said they should be 13" and not sink to 12" when on bike. They said to take shocks off and make sure they are 13" eye to eye.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts