Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
neither. progressives are great shocks if like the ride of a hardtail bike.
Said no one ever who actually knows anything. :D

That said....I can't offer any advice other than I installed the 970's (too good to pass up deal) and absolutely love them. It was a huge upgrade over the stock air shocks. Would Ohlins be better? Undoubtedly. But I leave those for my sport bike. I don't carve corners at higher speeds or do track days with my glide. And at the speeds I do run through canyons, it's MUCH improved with the 970's.

If you asked me.....I'd advise buying the most you can afford. If you can afford the 940s......that's what I'd get.

What about your front end? If your budget is strict....I'd almost consider 444's and front monotubes vrs just 940's. The monotubes really make a difference as well and when combined with new rear suspension makes it feel like a whole new bike.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Said no one ever who actually knows anything. :D

That said....I can't offer any advice other than I installed the 970's (too good to pass up deal) and absolutely love them. It was a huge upgrade over the stock air shocks. Would Ohlins be better? Undoubtedly. But I leave those for my sport bike. I don't carve corners at higher speeds or do track days with my glide. And at the speeds I do run through canyons, it's MUCH improved with the 970's.

If you asked me.....I'd advise buying the most you can afford. If you can afford the 940s......that's what I'd get.

What about your front end? If your budget is strict....I'd almost consider 444's and front monotubes vrs just 940's. The monotubes really make a difference as well and when combined with new rear suspension makes it feel like a whole new bike.
Your a funny guy. :serious:

I had the 944 13" standard springs on my 13 custom, and IMO they are terrible, set sag every possible way you can, total junk. If you ride two up having to take the bags off to compensate for passenger is a pain. For only around $425 I installed JNR air ride and never think about how the shocks ride 1000% happy, install is super easy. With the progressives I was gonna jump off the bike and watch it fly off a cliff.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Progressives 944's are not for every one. I purchased a set best on the hype. My stock HD air shocks were much better. The 944's may have worked for someone on the heavy side but for me they did not work. One thing they did do was allow me to see the stock shocks were not so bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts