Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a "search" and found no results.
Did anybody install this set? The price seems to be ok and surely they are way better than stock air crap.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled the trigger today, I found a set at a very good price considering they are imported from the US

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Let us know what you think when their installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I placed the order just they day before their summer closure :frown:
they will restart shipment from middle august, so i expect to receive them by the last decade of it.
anyhow tomorrow morning I'm arriving to USA for a 3 weeks vacation, so expect a report by september :wink:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally installed my set of 490 sport

Installation was easy, for FLT above 2004 it requires the use of the provided bushings and shims on both upper and lower mounts. I reused the factory bolt and external bushings.

To achieve the required 1 inch sag I had to tight the springs to the max. Allowed length of 6" 1/4; this despite they are heavy duty....
This week is Dyna time, the next I will test ride them and I'll provide a report

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I put on the Progressive 440 heavy duty shocks on the rear of my bike years ago and I have no complaints, the bike handles great with the 440's but I think that Progressive doesn't make the 440's anymore. Anyways with the heavy springs that are on the 440's I have to run them with the least amount of tension on the springs to get a good comfortable touring ride, tightening the springs give the bike a stiffer ride which is great for handling the twisties but it's to stiff for general riding. IMO It may have been better to just get the regular load shocks then the heavy duty load shocks.

Reactions: moto.rich

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done a 2 passenger ride for about 200 miles today. These shocks rocks! with the correct sag they are never rigid but smooth on speed bumps and pot holes. At speed on the highway, when hitting sudden depression, you feel they adjust immediately when with the stocks one you were sinking and waiting for hitting the bottom end.
Wife confirmed the comfort has not changed, meaning that despite they are heavy duty, they are well designed and built to perform (at a good price).
very happy for the improvement over stock

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Can give witness for the Progressives
Most any coilover N charged shock will give you give u pleasant saddle time
Put @ 3k on em, two-up no complaints, fact; twice she's asked to speed up in the mountains and doesn't quench at foreseen or not bumps and drops , her happy ass is my happy ass and everybody knows....goez unspoken
So I left em at our two-up setting today....and took a run about with MightyWhity and Pinisher7 today, if I wanted to ride Real aggressive I might have wanted to lower down, Yet after the 200 or so run fell good as the breeze, just a some 'light in the ass at speed and/or into throttle for one-up...
Hey, thanks for the ride, lunch, good conversation, I'd ride with both or either again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts