Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running these 944 progressive heavy duty shocks? just curious as I am about to purchase shocks and want to hear about the pros and cons of all shocks out there. the factory air ride shocks suck as I'm sure your all aware.... thanks

· Registered
3,046 Posts
anyone running these 944 progressive heavy duty shocks? just curious as I am about to purchase shocks and want to hear about the pros and cons of all shocks out there. the factory air ride shocks suck as I'm sure your all aware.... thanks

I had 440s on our Ultra Classic and liked them, so it seemed a natural progression to go to the 944s when we got our 2011 RGU. I just wasn't impressed with the 944s, didn't seem much different than the stock shocks other than being 1" lower.

Right now I'm running the Monroe air setup on the '15 CVO, and they're working well. I'm sure there are better shocks out there, but the learning curve is pretty $steep$.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, anyone using harleys upgraded premium ride touring shock that is adjustable?

· Registered
567 Posts
i had a 09 cvo rg that i put the monroe air shocks on. sold it & bought the 15 rgs with the premium adjustable shocks. i liked the monroe setup much better than the stock shocks on the new rg!! i might put the monroe's on this winter.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't that the stock shock for the RGC? If so, I can say I really like it! New to the RG family though, so this may just be a newbie stupid post...
nope not a newbie post there greybeard.......... the 2015 FLTRUSE CVO comes with air adjustable shocks not the spring loaded adjustable shocks.

· Registered
83 Posts
the adjustable shocks on the road glide special and street glide special are very nice. you have to tweak them to suit but they are very good.
that being said, the air shocks on my road king are pretty darn good so far.

· Registered
139 Posts
I have the 944 standard spring, weight 215 only 2 full turns much better than stock. I've only had them 1 year makes a huge difference in handling, small med bumps no bottoming out, large IL potholes nothing will help.

· Registered
25 Posts
No, no ,no

Had progressives 944s on my RK and was a vast improvement from stock. for my RG I went with cheapest ohlin from motorcyclemetall. Call Howard. I chose Ohlins over Progressives and I get 944s at wholesale. Enough said

· Registered
191 Posts
I'm looking to put the taller HD specials on mine. Right now I'm running a set of Demo 944's. Gonna try them for a week and see what I think. If anyone is interested in the RGS set I'll sell them with 9000 miles for 250 to help fund the taller one's for me......

· Registered
11 Posts
I just put the H-D premium touring shocks on my 13 FLTRX. They are adjustable and I have to say for the price I don't know how you can beat them. I'm sure the progressive's and ohlin's and all the others out here are great because there are alot of people running them, but I got mine off ebay for about 300. They were new take offs from a 15 streetglide and for the price I don't think you can beat it. So much better than the junk factory air ride and way easy to adjust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.