Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some of this for my glide. i want something that would be nice and smooth ride for my wife. she has a bad back but loves ridding . right now she can only go on short rides and she want to go on longer ones. will this help her? thank you all.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Personally...no..I have the 944's on my RGU and they are a firm ride. I mean they are not cushy but firm and definitely make the bike handle better. Think about doing the corvette air shocks instead...way easier to adjust when making changes from solo to 2 up and you can make the ride comfortable for her on the fly. Just a thought...besides all of the posts I have read seem t be positive.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I have a friend who has 944 & after riding my bike with Works DRS/ARS he's sorry he went with them. I know there's a lot of guys that like the 944. I rode his bike & was not impressed at all. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
967 Posts
It's all about preference and riding styles...IMO Have the progressive 940 older 944 yes they are firm but improve my ride on corners as am aggressive rider. There are other softer shocks.
For the seat are many mods or seats to chose. I use the Pro Pad no more nerve pinch riding for hours on long day trips.
Riding with a bad back don't know of any seat, shock absorber that will solve that issue. May be smother roads... Hard to find.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would also suggest avoiding the 944s if your wife has a bad back. You may want to look into a set of shocks that are made to your riding style / preferences. JRI and Ohlin are a couple choices - just be ready to pat for them. There are a few members here that run them, hopefully they'll chime in with their experiences.

Also, what are you riding? There is a substantial (IMO) difference in the passenger comfort between an Ultra and a Custom.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just put the monroes on mine. Didnt have time to put the compressor on yet. Did a 200 mile ride yesterday 2 up. What a difference it made having those shocks over the stock one. I would recommend the air shocks also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oops i ment a 2011 Road Glide custom Sedona Orange. and again every one here for you input and help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If your looking for a softer ride the 944 probably wont give that to you. IMO they will and do perform better than the stock setup, but its ore firm and a improvement in overall handling more than softening up the ride.

If you need a softer ride either go with a air setup so you have infinite adjustment for you needs or if you also want performance and a better ride get some custom built for your needs by Howard at Motorcycle Metal either the JRI or Ohlins. You could also try TerryCable , if you call them they will set up the shocks based on your weight and they offer a 90 day money back guarantee if you dont like the ride.
http://www.terrycable.com/Rear-Shock-Sets_c_4.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts