Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We shall see how this goes. Hit deer at 60 MPH Thursday night.
Deal took one look said bike is totaled. Shop manager is a good friend and said he has no problems dealing with progressive. So far my contacts with them have been positive. The adjuster is coming to deal on Tuesday or Wednesday holiday puts thing back day.
On phone the rep reminded me to take my time and list my helmet and all safety gear as it is also covered.
Went over my medical coverage ,that is going to add up .
She also reminded me I had no deductible due to the declining deductible. And to list all my add ons for the $3000 free rider I had on them. She made it clear receipts were not a must long as we could find the product listed some were.
So far things are going as I would expect them to.
I will post the good and the bad as it goes. Dealer is going to get my new RGU coming, in no hurry will be off the bike for about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I got in a wreck back in March, my insurance was Progressive, and every person I talked to was very helpful, nice, and responsive. Nothing but a positive experience with Progressive, not to mention fast.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insurance deal sounds good so far but how are you? Damn that must have been some collision.
I am ok posted details in the safety thread. Broken Clavicle, ribs bruised up knees ect . The deer dead I am not so I win.
Sounds like the are going to go with top NADA of 21305 plus add all my mods on not bad with about 33K on the bike. I paid 23,00 for it with Rg custom facia added spoiler lights ect few other minor thing so I do ok on it the deal.
Dealer did say there were easier ways to get a new bike and color.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Glad you are OK, and you will be made whole on the bike. Progressive is a solid company IMO.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Easier ways to get a new bike and color? Glad you will come out just fine on this adventure. Glad to hear a good story for such a scary wreck.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Never heard bad things about Progressive bike insurance. I have USAA for my cars but they won't do motorcycles so they sub contract to progressive.

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
FYI, I dropped Progressive after I found out about the owner and his "progressive" causes. The name is no coincidence. Bottom line though,all ins companies are blood sucking vermin. DOOF

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!

Holycheeeeeeit smitty... glad you're okay is an understatement. Doesn't seem to be a single salvageable part on your poor 'ol scoot.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!

Holycheeeeeeit smitty... glad you're okay is an understatement. Doesn't seem to be a single salvageable part on your poor 'ol scoot.
And engine with 33K on that runs great ,trans and primary. Seat ok other than that trash bin for the rest of it.
Dealer was joking a bit said we should have just saved the towing and buried it next to the deer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear about your scoot, but glad your ok. I had a pretty nasty wreck in June when a car pulled out in front of me that totaled my bike and very nearly me. I was using state farm insurance and they were great to deal with, checked it out quick. Made a decision and check the within a couple weeks.
Hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
WOW!!! It is a small miracle that you are doing as good as you are, thank goodness and glad to hear it. But my goodness, the damage is crazy. Are you sure it wasn't a moose or buffalo you hit? Glad to hear that you will be turning it around to your favor though with the new bike, Progressive will take care of you.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Adjuster just called said he would be at the dealer early tomorrow and would give me a time when he hits the road.
Said he has work with this dealer many times and said it should go quickly. We shall see

·
Super Moderator
12,353 Posts
As I said in your other thread, glad you're going to be ok, I think the insurance will treat you right. Next time you decide to go deer hunting use a 30.06, they work much better than RGs, lol.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
As I said in your other thread, glad you're going to be ok, I think the insurance will treat you right. Next time you decide to go deer hunting use a 30.06, they work much better than RGs, lol.
+1, but GLAD your okay, enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yep. Mount a good 'ol BAR over the handlebars instead of a GPS and knock that deer off the road some other way.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Settled with Progressive this morning on the Bike. They came to the dealer.
Adjuster pointed out right away the frame and swing arm were bent and frame cracked. He Totaled the bike and even with high miles on it ,Because Dealer had the records on it he they gave me top NADA. Then they cover every add on I had including labor.
They covered my helmet and glasses at full replacement cost.
I had the check in hand in about 30 minutes.
Could I have ask for any better service no. Could I have gotten any better settlement NO. Good by to a bike that gave me a great 33K or riding
http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh292/smitty901/totaled/
Dealer has a request in for a 2013 RGU in Red.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts