Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I brought one from Phat Performance a few years ago & installed it on my RG. The tension bar broke around 3000 miles later. I called up Phat Perf. & they charged me for another bar. Which sucked..

·
Registered
413 Posts
I installed one on my 2001 and immediately noticed the improvement. Make sure you use blue Loctite for the through bolts at the end of the link. I did when replacing the bolt that went MIA.

tj

·
Registered
363 Posts
Not tried one myself but talking to others, all the bolt on stabilizers work. If this is for an 09 and up bike you shouldn't need one.
Frankie could you elaborate why not needed on 09 and up. I'm assuming due to frame upgrade. I've been thinking about one of these for my 11 RGU. Cornering with anything other than a smooth surface the front end just not feel solid. Maybe monotubes a better option. Comments?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
well I do not agree , I ride aggressively and on my 2011 at higher speeds and in sweepers my rear end would fill like my tire was going flat , not a huge wobble but loose , I installed True Track and it solved my problem , I am attaching an article I printed and scanned from HDForums by Graham Brown , Graham is a long time rider and very knowledgeable

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
the rest of the article

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
one more thing , Graham also lookd at all the stabilizers and felt True Track performed the best , you can go to hdforums and search this thread and read more if you like

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Well, I stand corrected. If you are going to bend a corner on your RG they by all means get the part. Price is fair and it seems that install is straight forward. I just doubt that I would notice a difference given my style of riding. Less that spirited. lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
TJ - great info thanks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel the wobble of mines as well. Thats what made me look at this. Plus i'm coming from a sportbike so it's a night and day ride in the corners, and I do ride kind of hard at times

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have monotubes, and works shocks in the rear already.
But as i said I come from Sportbikes, where handling and turns are much different. I'm use to knee scrapping so it could just be my ride style as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
well I do not agree , I ride aggressively and on my 2011 at higher speeds and in sweepers my rear end would fill like my tire was going flat , not a huge wobble but loose , I installed True Track and it solved my problem , I am attaching an article I printed and scanned from HDForums by Graham Brown , Graham is a long time rider and very knowledgeable
Thanks for posting that. I got the wobble this year.......I couldnt believe it. Ordred new bushings and the link system from progressive. New tires helped.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
"well I do not agree , I ride aggressively and on my 2011 at higher speeds and in sweepers my rear end would fill like my tire was going flat , not a huge wobble but loose , I installed True Track and it solved my problem , "

My experience, and opinion mirrors tj. I started to get mild wobbles after I put around 15,000 miles or so on my '09. Installed True-Track, and problem solved.

Why people are so adament that the 09 up bikes are somehow immune, is beyond me. It's like a sacred cow or something. Is it a better design.......absofreekinlutely! But it isn't a total solution, and as long as we have the rubber mounted motor/swingarm, there is always going to be a certain amout of mechanical slop in the chassis; it's simply a physical impossibility to be otherwise. I see nothing wrong with reducing it as much as possible, via good suspension components AND an extra stabilizing link. I'm guessing that Eric Buell, dessigned the extra links into his chassis designs, for a reason ;)

If the the 09 up chassis is the ne plus ultima chassis for folks, I say rock on, and enjoy. If, however you decide it could be improved upon, the true Track is a well made product, with a real purpose. YMMV.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I must agree with akajeff. I added the true trak to my 06' ultra and my wife whom is not mechanically inclined noticed a difference automatically. I just jumped into a center stand before feeling that wobble in the back and now wanting to add the true trak I just don't know if it will fit. If it does I will add a true trak right away.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ordered this kit for my FLHP after getting The Wobble at 115 when I upshifted from 4th to 5th, but I got t-boned on the RK before I could get it installed.

I had it installed on my RGU at about 7k. Since it's a suspension bushing and a motor mount solution it does change the bike, and for the better.

Here is a thread about the solution. Does the 09 and up need something? It depends on how you ride the bike. Low and slow? You'll probably never notice it. If you are doing serious corners, triple digit sweepers? The bike is more stable.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think your money would be better spent with suspension upgrades.
suspension is only part of it , I put Ohlin's #3-#3 on and monotubes in my forks , like I said I never got a death wobble but above 75mph on the highway and in sweeping corners it felt like my rear tire was going flat , first time I felt it I pulled over and checked my tire , I got use to it but didn't like it , Graham suggested the True Trak and I installed it , problem solved for me it is now rock solid in corners and higher speeds , if you don't have this problem I wouldn't get one , if you do I would

1 - 20 of 22 Posts