Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Progressive "Lowering" Dropin kit from the dealer and doing the install right now. Anyone know how much of the pvc spacer I need for a 1" drop and also for a 2" drop?
The instructions are about as bad as they get and no help on the website :(

thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PVC spacer question for 2012 roadglide

2012 FLHTR Progressive drop-in "lowering kit" 10-2003. I was told by tech at progressive that installing the kit with no spacer is correct for 2" drop, but the bike will probably need more preload to help if the front end is "soft" or you bottom out.... the suggested spacer length is 1/2 inch for me at 200#. He said it's not mandatory, but suggested. He also said it will only raise the bike .25 inches so your bike will still be slammed :)

Hopefully that will help someone out!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed the Progressive drop in kit on my RGU. It dropped the front end about 2". The bike rides nice as the front end dive is almost gone. I have bottomed out once when I went over a pretty big hole at a bit too much speed. I have the road glide custom rear shocks installed. I also had to put on a 1" lower kick stand. I probably could have used the kick stand angle blocks but did nto thinka bout this until I had the shorted kick stand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts