Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! I just changed out my lowers and put in the Progressive drop in's. Do I need to put in the PVC spacer in to achieve the full 2" drop? Those spacers control the pre-load correct? I'm kinda paranoid about the fairing hitting the front fender, especially when riding on my superb Upstate NY roads!!!

thanks much!:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Doing a 2012 roadglide right now and I am trying to figure out if I should use the pvc spacer on not for 2" drop. The instructions that come with the kit are terrible!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not use the spacers and got a full 2" drop. The ride is stiff but it's the stance youre looking for than don't use the spacers. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
163 Posts
No spacers = 2 in drop

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Might check with member BretCr.
I think that no spacers give you the full 2" drop.
BretCr did this and added heavier fork fluid and has no issues,but said if he did, he would add a spacer and would gain him about an inch in height.

If you do the Progressive cartridges, the oil you add to the forks is for lubrication only.... it will not affect the ride. The cartridges are sealed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2012 FLHTR Progressive drop-in "lowering kit" 10-2003. I was told by tech at progressive that installing the kit with no spacer is correct for 2" drop, but the bike will probably need more preload to help if the front end is "soft" or you bottom out.... the suggested spacer length is 1/2 inch for me at 200#. He said it's not mandatory, but suggested. He also said it will only raise the bike .25 inches so your bike will still be slammed :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did not use any spacer and got the full 2" drop. I have had no problems with bottoming out. Once you this you will most likely need to use either a shorter kick stand or one of the angle blocks for the kick stand to get more lean. I used a 1" shorter kick stand and it is OK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts