Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input or feedback from anyone that installed the Lowered Progressive Monotubes set to -1" with a stock size front tire. Any issues with reduced handling characteristics, front end bottoming, scraping while cornering ? Thanks for any input....ezrider

·
Registered
830 Posts
I only have about 300 miles on my -1" monotubes. (Bad weather and lots of overtime) So far I have noticed no problems. I also installed Ohlin 3-3s at the same time so I can't tell you how much of the new found handling prowess is due to the monotubes. But I would have to say at least some...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback PFWiz. Installing my monotubes this weekend. Hopefully you'll get some riding in this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If you're looking for only 1" of drop, be sure to install all 3 C-clips that the instructions specify. When I went to install my set I found only 5 clips in the package. I double checked here and found that several had installed them with ony 2 clips, so that's what I did. (I think the ones I was reading installed non-lowered kits)
What I ended up with was over 2" of drop. More than I wanted, but it's working out fine.
The bike looks cool with the fender tucked up under the fairing, the ride is very smooth, and the handling is awesome. No problems with bottoming or clearance issues. I've put 6-700 miles on this setup and I'm happy.

So, unless you want extreme drop, use all 3 clips.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I put all clips in mine. Looks pretty much the same as stock. The monotubes sag more than stock springs when riding is on it. It rocked me a little forward under way - dont like that too much.

But the first time you sqeeze your front brake and the front end doesnt disappear - you'll love it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Might be my imagination but I'm glad I had the Madstad windshield. I had to adjust it up, the top wound up well below my chin after installing the monotubes. Cannot believe how much better the ride and handling is.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might be my imagination but I'm glad I had the Madstad windshield. I had to adjust it up, the top wound up well below my chin after installing the monotubes. Cannot believe how much better the ride and handling is.

ODA".......What do you have for shocks on the rear ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stock air shocks. I don't know what all the hype is for changing them, they work great for me and passenger. I leave them at 45 lbs.
I am thinking about changing front and rear, but it makes since to start with the front and see how it works out. Like the lowerd look, dislike getting pitched back and forth in Leesville, LA and the significant nose dive....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts