Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the progressive mono tube shocks put in my front forks this spring. I am not going to do the rear shocks yet. I assume that it isn't an issue and will still be an improvement in handling and cornering. I love the twisters and pushing the bike a little hard in the corners, so I can't wait to feel the difference. Any comments are welcomed from your own experiences. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,349 Posts
You'll be good and definitely notice the difference in handling. I waited 2-1/2 years from the time I did my monotubes to do my rear, the monotubes makes more of a difference.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
828 Posts
monotubes on 11' FLTRX

I put em in last weekend. Went with -2". Bike handles amazingly. An awesome upgrade. They are very easy to do yourself (if you are so inclined) took me 3 hrs. Installed new wheel t same time. I still have stock rears. Eventually ill change em.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I put em in last weekend. Went with -2". Bike handles amazingly. An awesome upgrade. They are very easy to do yourself (if you are so inclined) took me 3 hrs. Installed new wheel t same time. I still have stock rears. Eventually ill change em.
Another happy customer .... put me in the same category. Monotubes -2 and I had the 444 rear done at the same time. The front end handles so much better :D.

·
Registered
528 Posts
...and no more nose-diving.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I also run stock height mono tubes up front with the HD oem in the rear. Rides great. I also only used one spacer per side when installing the Mono tubes.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've only had mine for three weeks and boy what a difference. Well worth the money. After doing the front, I rushed to do the rear and now I have no suspension issues nor air pressure loss and no need to take a pump when traveling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts