Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question to see if anyone out there who has replaced their standard front shock with a lower Progressive Monoshock has had any issue with brakes after the install. Being told by the Stealer that they cannot figure out the brakes pulling to the right issue, but since it started when the monoshocks where installed they think it's that. They want me to pay for them to investigate?? They installed the shocks, whatever happened to a guarantee of work performed? Time to find a good indy in the area.

·
Registered
809 Posts
no issue with them on the wife's bike,but i would take a look at the caliper and make sure the rotor is spaced evenly and check the axle alinement with a drill bit. If the rotors are not evely spaced they could have put a spacer on the wrong side.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Frankie, they said they checked the rotors and axle and saw no issue. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the progressive mono. I believe it has mote to do with the reinstallation of the wheel and rotors. The short of it being a bad install. Was not able to talk to the service manager or the GM. Waiting on their survey call I get after every time it's in there to blast them. It's the only thing that seems to get action from the service department.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
November will make a year since I've had my monotubes, (-2") no issues at all.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did my FLTRSEI2 '01 for my wife. Everything worked out fine. Rear brakes didn't work worth a crap. Scratched my head. I finally took it to a dealer. I had lowered the rear end as well 2" all around. Front brakes were fine.

Turns out I used a several year old bottle of DOT 5 in the rear caliper. It was clear not purple. New brake fluid fixed the problem. I know it's a stretch. Had it not happened to me I never would have believed it.

According to them my alignment was perfect.

Frankly, I can't wait to put new legs all the way around my '11 FLTRUSE. The stock suspension is complete junk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No problems

I did the progressive monotubes on my 2012 RGU. I have not experienced anything negative from this install. I also did the 1" shorter shocks at the same time. It lowered the front end about an inch and a half and the back about one inch. This made the bike sit more level. Today a guy pulled out in front of me, I was going 65 mph and had to really get on the brakes. I noticed very little nose dive and never had the ABS kick in. I really believe if I had been on my last bike (2006 Superglide) I would have hit him or laid it down. I have yet to experience anything negative with the monotubes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Got the survey call tonight. Now lets seem if the GM calls me tomorrow.
Had a bad experience when I bought my bike including spending $20,000 (cdn) in mods to boot. Dealer survey shows up in the mail, I wrote some very direct comments and included my name, and phone #'s on the survey form, and asked them to call. Guess what, never a word from HD or the dealer. Hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, this dealer always does phone surveys and they surveyed me when I was buying, which I gave them bad comments on. Got the exact deal I wanted within 30 minutes of the survey. Not sure why, but they seem to pay attention to the survey. My issue, is why does it take someone giving them a bad survey to get results. I guess most people aren't as honest with the feedback to the dealership as I've been and just go away mad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts