Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. I have a 12 roadglide. did the progressive 444 11inch in rear and the monotube kit up front lowered 1 inch. im 160lbs and just finished a 7000km road trip. not real happy with the front suspension. some bumps like when u come across a bridge deck or a good dip in the road. feels and sounds like the front end bottoms out. same for the rear setup. had the rear 2 1/2 turns in and same thing. feels like bottoms out. no rub marks anywhere on fender but definitely rough ride. anyone have this setup and noticed this? this was carrying about an extra 60 lbs on the back with my bag and tour pak with some stuff in it. as soon as o got home I switched my rears back over to progressive tail dragger 13inch air shocks. I don't want to dig back into the front end yet.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cant say I blame you on redoing the front. I have the standard hieght monotubes and left the c clips out. This dropped the front about 1" or more, but rides pretty good. I have the 944 in the rear and they sucked at first but now with just over a 100miles on them they feel better.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
OP... I have a the Monotubes -2 and 444 11.5". I'm running on 21/17 wheels. For me the Monotubes was a stiffer ride up front than the OEM set up. That's not to say it's not better. It took some getting use to but it handles so much better than before. The RR tracks and bumps are not nearly as teeth rattling as the stock set up was. The smaller bumps are not even noticed. The front end dive is no longer an issue. The 444's are a smoother ride as well. I weigh 180# and the shocks are set with 2 lines showing. I will need to play around with the setting when I carry a load. My ride is by far better than it was.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Lowering the bike takes away suspension travel which will affect ride comfort. You will have to adjust to the change in your ride if you want a lowered bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
209 Posts
I thought the shortest 444s where 11.5 according to progressive website. I didn't realize they make a 11 inch shock for the touring bikes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts