Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 RG, I install the monotube along with rear shock as well. The instruction tell you to install three of the C-clip. At the end of that it also says that you may change it also. Back to story. Took it out for a test ride everything was fine. When, I came to a stop no more nose dives. But it was just a little to stiff for me. After read a few review, I decide tear it back apart and a clip from each fork. I spoke with a tech at progressive about it. He recommend that, I use two C-clip for my weight. On top of that the rear shocks. I was trying to set the sag. I don't no if it me or my weight??? With the factory setting each are soft. Im getting a 1 3/8" of sag. Its is recommended 1 3/4" to 2". What, Im I doing wrong or need to put on a few more pounds.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
On top of that the rear shocks. I was trying to set the sag. I don't no if it me or my weight??? With the factory setting each are soft. Im getting a 1 3/8" of sag. Its is recommended 1 3/4" to 2". What, Im I doing wrong or need to put on a few more pounds.:rolleyes:
You may want to hold off on the weight gain...I'm probably 275 and I can't get more than 1 9/16" with the preload (940's) backed all the way off. Progressive tech said 1 3/4 to 2", same as you, but then said it's good the way it is. Huh? Stiffer ride than stock and they don't absorb bumps like I hoped, but bike sure handles good. Monotubes are next, thanks for the heads-up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts