Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a lot of research on the topic of front end suspension and was needing to come down 1" on the front end (challenged in the inseam department). I decided to go with the mono-tube by progressive which was done a couple of days ago and all I can say is that for all of the post I read in testimony for the mono-tube was actually right-on!!!!!

No dip in the front end when breaking, I did not feel a compromise in the riding for the 1" lowering and the most amazing feeling was almost like you were riding on a rail, it was so steady it was unbelievable and NO! I don't work for progressive suspension.

So for all of you out there setting on the fence trying to make up your mind to pull the trigger, go for it!!! yes they're a little costly but well worth it, while you're at it, go ahead and change out for chrome forks, seeing that you've got to take the old forks off anyway, and no! the fairing did not have to come off to install the new suspension, labor hours were about 3.5 or 4 if you know what your doing, my dealer did this job.

You won't regret it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thank you! In the process of doing this kit right now (2" drop). Glad to hear that it will be worth it. Waiting on the damn powdercoat guy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Got it all back together finally. Cant report on ride brcause we still have about 30" of snow here, but it sure looks good 2" lower!

J

·
0 Posts
I am really interested. Please let us know the results. Any other owners chime in.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Rode about 40 miles through many potholes with the full 2" drop. It will not bottom out and the front feels way better than stock did so far. It feels like is the perfect stiffness and softness combined. Got the bike up to about 80 and it feels very stable. I did quite a few changes to the bike in addition to the suspension such as a 21" wheel up front, and the monotube seemed to compensate for the supposed harsh ride as a result of the wheel change. I would highly recommend this setup so far and will keep posted if my experience changes. Very Happy

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would agree. I have done every upgrade known to man. This is one ranks among the best. Rides like it is on a rail. Best upgrade for the dollars spent.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I understand you didn't the fairing off? WOW!! Can you give me a few tips on how to do that without removing the fairing? My shocks should be coming soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No I had the fairing off. It could be done without removing the fairing if you could gain access to the two nuts at the top of the forks. But it would be easier to remove the fairing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bigbrainbob: Do you no if when they install the forks they use 3 c-clips or 2 for the pre-load?
I think I only got two clips per fork, used both of them, talked to rep at Progressive, kinda determined by your riding weight., you may want to give them a call.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also beware depending on the year of your bike, I have a 2011 and used the 1" lowering mono-tube, lost a good portion of my lean angle with kickstand down, had to get an older kickstand bracket off a 09 Ultra to get it back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts