Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get some good feedback from people that have either shock. I was looking at the 944's and I've heard really good things about them. Then I checked out super shox and talked to Brian. He has a good set up for my bike which is a 15 RG special, but it's $800.00. Is there that big of a difference between them 2 to justify the price jump? Thanks in advance.

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
My Opinion, Progressives are not what they once were - Super Shot are great but $800? - You can get a good set of Os for close to that if you look hard enough for the right deal

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The $800 is for their top of the line shocks with a relocation bracket. It was actually a 14" shock with relocating brackets.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did have a set for $650 but he said for 2 up the $800 was the best on his opinion

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have the SS with heavy duty springs. The preload is set at about 1and 3/4. I weigh 3 bills and regularly pack 100 lbs. No bottoming and a great ride. I paid $605 including tax. This set up should suite your needs well.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have the SS with heavy duty springs. The preload is set at about 1and 3/4. I weigh 3 bills and regularly pack 100 lbs. No bottoming and a great ride. I paid $605 including tax. This set up should suite your needs well.
Think I paid about $650 through Brian for the same setup. Currently have mine set at 3 and have been happy. I might experiment with a lower setting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I paid about $650 through Brian for the same setup. Currently have mine set at 3 and have been happy. I might experiment with a lower setting.

How often do you ride 2 up? I don't know how big the difference will be between the $650 and the $800. I ride 2 up pretty much all the time with a tour pack. I guess I could always buy the $650 ones and if I don't like them send them back for the $800 ones.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Bought mine through the local HD dealer. Talked to Brian he suggested I buy them from them. For reasons unknown to me it was cheaper this way than to buy direct. Woodstock HD. I could have picked the shocks up directly in Grayslake IL, but Brian said I could get them cheaper through the dealer.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
How often do you ride 2 up? I don't know how big the difference will be between the $650 and the $800. I ride 2 up pretty much all the time with a tour pack. I guess I could always buy the $650 ones and if I don't like them send them back for the $800 ones.

I have Super Shox with heavy springs. Ride 2 up a lot and also pull a N-Line trailer behind. Set on about 2 to 2 1/2. I go about 250 the other half is 140 plus the trailer is approx 200 lbs loaded but only maybe 100 lbs or less fully loaded tongue weight. Ride is awesome. Brian and Super Shox are wonderful to deal with and has the best customer service. I can't say anything about others shocks because I only ride SS.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have Super Shox with heavy springs. Ride 2 up a lot and also pull a N-Line trailer behind. Set on about 2 to 2 1/2. I go about 250 the other half is 140 plus the trailer is approx 200 lbs loaded but only maybe 100 lbs or less fully loaded tongue weight. Ride is awesome. Brian and Super Shox are wonderful to deal with and has the best customer service. I can't say anything about others shocks because I only ride SS.

Oh wow. That's awesome.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought mine through the local HD dealer. Talked to Brian he suggested I buy them from them. For reasons unknown to me it was cheaper this way than to buy direct. Woodstock HD. I could have picked the shocks up directly in Grayslake IL, but Brian said I could get them cheaper through the dealer.

Wonder if all Harley shops sell them? I don't think I've ever seen or heard shops around me selling them. I'm in Gettysburg pa.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think the SS website shows where you can buy them. If not it's only $45 bucks more, get them with heavy springs. I think you will be pleased.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Really like my Supershox but only ride solo.

Reactions: emptyking

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got my SS from Brian for $650. I ride two up and tow a trailer 90 percent of the time. I have them set at 3 and they ride like a Cadillac. I gotta say I'm impressed. I have progressive on my VMAX and they are a lot stiffer ride then the SS.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I never ride 2 up, but keep the saddlebags fairly full. I know Battlefield Harley doesn't sell them. I tried to get them into suspensions but quit going there altogether after they screwed up my last bike and screwed me on the purchase of this one.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ok, I'll throw in my .02 here.

The 944's aren't Progressives top of the line. That's the 970's. I went with them just over a year ago. I did the 970's with the remote reservoirs and the "tour link" and did the front monotubes all at the same time.

I'll tell you what........the difference was dramatic. Transformed the bike. Are the SS better? Maybe. But I get the "cool factor" and benefits of the remote reservoirs AND I have a great ride.

I bought mine at cycleplicity.com and paid $839 with free shipping. Got the monotubes from them too for $322. Not sure if they're still that cheap....but at that price it was a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I had Progressive 970's before my SS. The Shox blow the Progressives away without question. I ride 2 -up over 50% of the time with a tour pak added and am way good with the regular Shox. My suggestion is to jump right in and get the regular Shox, try em out and you have a 30 day trial to boot.
BTW, I had no idea there was a variation to choose from with SS. Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I never ride 2 up, but keep the saddlebags fairly full. I know Battlefield Harley doesn't sell them. I tried to get them into suspensions but quit going there altogether after they screwed up my last bike and screwed me on the purchase of this one.

I don't blame you. I haven't heard good stuff from their service dept. I saw that valley forge is a super shox dealer. I'm going to all them when I get home from work today.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts