Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all. looking to upgrade my rear shocks on my 2015 Road Glide special. any reviews for me? i'm looking for an inexpensive upgrade. if i had the cash i think i would go with the Legend suspension.

thanks everyone. also looking at the progressive 444 as well as the 944's

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
hi all. looking to upgrade my rear shocks on my 2015 Road Glide special. any reviews for me? i'm looking for an inexpensive upgrade. if i had the cash i think i would go with the Legend suspension.

Save your money until you can buy some Ohlins. It's worth the wait and money. Loved them so much, we became a dealer!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
OP, if you can afford ohlins then by all means get them. They are one of the best shocks in the market. But if you can't justify / afford them....then there are other choices out there that offer an significant improvement over factory. I can't speak to the 444/944's but I can to the 970's.

I installed 970's and the progressive suspension mono tubes at the same time and the improvement was nothing short of amazing. I'd strongly suggest getting the monotubes at the same time if possible.

I'm sure others will chime in about 444/944's

Save your money until you can buy some Ohlins. It's worth the wait and money. Loved them so much, we became a dealer!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Subscribed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am running the PG 944's on my 13 ultra. I'm 220 wife is 150-155 we ride 2 up a lot. I went with the HD springs. no problems . no more bottom out or wallow. Head over heels above stock but probably not as good as the high end stuff. they are hand adjustable to adjust preload. sag was pretty straight forward to set. Would I buy them again? Yes! I just couldnt afford the ohlins and couldnt stand the crappy stock air shocks on the ultra. I found them online on sale. Dont remember where but do remember they were about 50 bucks cheaper than usual

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I found them online on sale. Dont remember where but do remember they were about 50 bucks cheaper than usual

I've used cycleplicity.com quite a bit and saved a ton of money. I ALWAYS check the best price I find against them and often they are the cheapest. Shipping has always been prompt and I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Take a look at the Super Shox.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I run 940s on my RG and 440HD on my EG ultra
I think the 440s ride nicer
440 are about 5 years old and seem to hold up pretty good
940s are 1" shorter 2 years old twice the money and a little disappointing but way better than stock

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

Didn't your special come with the HD premiums , I have those shocks and love them, surprised you don't like them, well each to his own, I have had them on for a year and think they are better than any progressives I have had, I'm sure olins are better but too much green for my pocket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts