Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a rear suspension for my 2013 RGC. I was thinking Progressive 944. I ride hard 75% of the time. I will have passengers at times. I really want suspension to be smooth and a ride for comfort. What do you guy's think? I can't stand the hard crappy ride from the stock shocks....
What do you guys think, thanx.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I would not equate progressive suspension with the word comfort. The two really do not belong together. Better than stock? yes, comfortable? Not for me. Never had Progressive rear shocks that I found to be comfortable. I have had more than a few sets of Progressive rear shocks and they were always extremely stiff no matter what bike, weight spring, etc.

Drew

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
The HD air shocks are spongy IMO even if they are aired up to the max and riding 2 up they wanted to bottom out. It all depends on the weight the bike is carrying too.
I use the Progressive 440 adjustable shocks and I am very happy with them. I got the Heavy Duty shocks because I am a bigger person but the shocks adjusted at minimum is just right for me when riding by myself.
The ride is a little stiffer than the OEM HD air shocks but the handling is much better. The bike has never bottomed out with the progressive shocks when riding single or 2 up.
I would never go back to the OEM HD shocks JMO.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts