Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of these? I've seen it in all the bagger mags and read what its supposed to do. How does it perform?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm....I can't believe no one here has tried it yet. It really isn't that expensive and install looks straight fwd.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you have rear steer on your 2013 bike then something else is out of wack. The new framed bikes (09 and up) that i have riden, has never needed one.
Works good on my 08.... stopped the "deep lean wiggles".......wouldn't think a 13 would need one...:confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had the Touring Link on my 2001 FLHT and it I loved it. Bike had slightly more vibration, but rode rigid and straight as an arrow. I have thought about installing one on my 2011 RGC but have been told there should be no need too. Being not completely happy with the way the bike handles, I am doing Progressive Monotubes and rear suspension, going to add the touring link while I'm at it.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I have the touring link on my 08 and it works great. With the new frames I wouldn't think you would need it but I never rode a new frame HD.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
When I traded my '07 Road King in on my '10 Road Glide, I took her on a "hot lap" or two I know about in this area. When I got home, I told my O/L that I felt like I had a Norton again, just an 800 lb. Norton. As far as I'm concerned, yep - the new frames are fine without the touring link.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have one on my '00 RK. The rod broke last year @ Biketober Fest. I brought mine from Phat Performance. I called & told them what happen and they charged me for a new rod. I won't be using that product nor that company again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had one on my 06 street glide and removed it when I went to the dealer to trade for my 08 road glide. I installed the link on the road glide after returning home. I noticed a difference in handling after the install, but a drastic difference in the ride after I removed the touring link from the SG. It wanted to walk to the outside of every corner. I can't speak for the 09's and newer with the frame change, but the older ones handle better with the touring link.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you have rear steer on your 2013 bike then something else is out of wack. The new framed bikes (09 and up) that i have riden, has never needed one.
I dont agree with that. The newer frames are much better but when pushed they still get a little wobble. I get it from time to time on my 2011 especially on one canyon that I ride regularly, wobble happens in the high speed sweepers (60 mph +) that have a dip or RR track in it to set off the suspension in the corner.

Ive been thinking about a Progressive Link or a TrueTrack , but its not that often that I experience the wobble and its not nearly as much as the older frames had (I had a 05 RK)

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I bought the Progressive Touring Link, for my 2012 Roadglide, when I bought the Monotubes and 944's. Just because.
It was an easy install with the directions supplied.
Unfortunately, it's winter in New York, roads are wet and bike isn't back together yet.
So, needless to say, I can't give a report.
However, as soon as the bike is together, and the weather allows, I will take a test ride and report back.
Mike U.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had one on my 07 RK, worked way better, but could still get a speed wobble when push'n hard. Enter 2012 CVO RG - Handles like a completley different bike, more like a sport touring bike. No speed wobbles at even higher speeds. Add to that the anti-lock breaks and wider, more stable rear tire, and you've got a legitamate saftey reason to go out and kick down! My wife bought into that concept whole heartedly.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Had one on my 07 RK, worked way better, but could still get a speed wobble when push'n hard. Enter 2012 CVO RG - Handles like a completley different bike, more like a sport touring bike. No speed wobbles at even higher speeds. Add to that the anti-lock breaks and wider, more stable rear tire, and you've got a legitamate saftey reason to go out and kick down! My wife bought into that concept whole heartedly.
Oh & Rip please tell us how the CVO equated into the safety portion of the lecture LOL ~ Yep ~ I had to use the ole well my 10 Ultra with 72k on the clock is unstable at speeds in excess of 110 mph dear, the White CVO is the only way I can be safe on a touring bike...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oh yeah ~ touring link was a must IMO on the 8 & earlier frames ~ BEST MONEY I spent on my 06 SE Ultra ~ the 9 & laters are a much more stable platform and do not require them ~ although I am considering one to stiffen it up a bit at illegal speeds....

·
Registered
348 Posts
I ride a 99 RG and noticed the rear steer or squirm when in the curves or even when getting on it hard in the straight aways. I had the progressive tour link installed before riding season last year and what a difference! Course I also placed progressive shocks in rear and monotube in front so the ride changed considerably. Do understand from all my research beforehand that these issues were addressed in the 09 and newer units.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts