Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching Amazon for the 6.5" Infinity Kappa's, they were sold out for a long time. I ended up ordering them direct from Crutchfield for 145$ a pair, the best price I could find online at the time a few months ago. Now they are in stock on amazon for 108$ with free shipping!

I installed these in my fairing on my '13 RG Custom with the Rockford PBR 300x2 amp and all I can say is WOW. They sound friggin awesome, loud and clear even at 90 MPH. I bought a 2nd pair just now to add to my lowers. Although after hearing how nice just 1 pair in the fairing is I was having second thoughts about needing speakers in the lowers, but I bought the lowers mainly with intent to add speakers to em like the CVO's. Already got the lowers and pods so ordered more Kappas for em. To think the sound is going to be even more full and loud with 2 pairs makes me all sorts of giddy just thinking about it. I am not an audio guru and dont care about audio competitions or anything like that, I just like jamming my Rock and Roll loud when I am cruisin the shark! I know these are a popular setup on sharks, and wanted to thank everybody for sharing their experience with these, it helped me pull the trigger.

To anybody debating an audio upgrade, you cant go wrong with these. I dont see any reason to spend more money on other speakers in all honesty. These things scream with no distortion.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
How is the bass? I was wanting to go with all Hertz, but thinking I'd rather spend my money on another popular speaker and just call it good.
Just a note, the Infinity are great bang for buck, I know because I have them, but not in the same class as Hertz. Kind of like apples and oranges.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the Kappa speakers as well and as stated, they are a great bang for your buck. Very clear and crisp sound at any speed. These things can make your ears bleed! They are not known for their bass, but bass is kinda washed away at speed by wind noise, so really not a negative to me. For parking lot noise, you will find better sounding speakers, but I bought them to enjoy out on the road. Wondering also if an additional set in the lowers would give a fuller sound or if another brand would be a better option for the lowers. Keep us posted on your results please.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Understandable. Do you regret going with Infinity? What is the bass like?
I don't regret going with Infinity at all, I still have them on my inner fairing, have Hertz everywhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts