Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oil about 500 miles ago and I have been puking oil out of the breather ever since. Logically, I would assume my oil is high but it is dead center on the stick. (Checked hot.) Are there other causes for puking oil? If not, should I bring the level down below where it is now?

Thanks,

George

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think it is your bike color. I have the same issue as do a lot of people. I am using a homemade external breather catch can set up. Maybe bing harley external breather system vent.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it is your bike color. I have the same issue as do a lot of people. I am using a homemade external breather catch can set up. Maybe bing harley external breather system vent.
Totally of topic but what brand chopped tour pak do you have?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I changed my oil about 500 miles ago and I have been puking oil out of the breather ever since. Logically, I would assume my oil is high but it is dead center on the stick. (Checked hot.) Are there other causes for puking oil? If not, should I bring the level down below where it is now?

Thanks,

George
The dealer replaced the oil pump on my buddies M8 for the same symptoms. just had it done so not sure if it fixed it.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
My M8 on the '19 was doing this for a while......not puking but a nice freckling of the right side - Just had my 5K service done and they said they lowered the level a bit, cleaned my filter and the prob is gone - Had it from Day 1, Had it after my 1K but now....no mas

I was told that with my "Non Stock" AC that the return hose was gone and with the weather being Africa hot and me beating on the motor......the oil has no where to go after heat and romps so "poof"...out the AC is goes

Cooler Temps, Clean Filter and lower level.....I am all good now

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Take it for a ride, then pull the drain plug in the bottom of the case. Measure what comes out. More than 4 or 5 ozs and you could have a sumping issue. You get 10 or more ozs out of it and it needs a oil pump upgrade.

Then put the plug back. Make sure the oil cap is on tight, and take the drain plug out. If the warm oil drains sluggish, its fine. If it drains fast, the internal breathers are leaking.

Past that, there were some breather issues on early 17's. Pinched orings I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts