Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 with 6200 miles on her. I bought her with 5700 end of last year. I love the ride. I was at the dealer today cause I was getting a Satellite radio to install (I was going to do it) and I had quotes from a local non Dealer shop for a motor upgrade not as big as a Stage 3. Basically Just Cam and Headers.

While talking with my Dealer for a while we priced up a FULL STAGE 3 going from the 103 ci to a full Screamin Eagle 110 ci set up with headers. So new pistons, rings, heads, valves, rods, headers, gaskets everything and YES the Satellite radio also. I started the conversation on the upgrade because I was kicking it around through a local shop - it had already been quoted.

Ready for this ----- The Dealer's final numbers after some tweaking came out only $200 more than the other (not dealer) shop and I am getting the radio which they are installing and programming with NO labor costs.

How could I say no? This also does not void my current or extended warranty at all given it is dealer installed and Harley Parts.

Not all dealers are stealers and I am lucky to have clicked with the local guys. They have done right by me since day 1 with everything.

I cannot wait to ride this with the 100ci and the new Torque Curve / Horse Power should really be amazing.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It will void your warranty at any other dealership. Motor builds are not covered on extended warranty unless done in the first 60 days after purchase. Been there and done that. Your dealer may cover it but there is no guarantee that dealers all over the country will cover it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
It will void your warranty at any other dealership. Motor builds are not covered on extended warranty unless done in the first 60 days after purchase. Been there and done that. Your dealer may cover it but there is no guarantee that dealers all over the country will cover it. Good luck.

The only caveat to what you said is that sometimes, the MoCo will open up the SWR window on bikes. When they do that, any Harley parts you have installed at a dealership can be added to your SWR to that the newly installed parts will be covered for the balance of your factory/extended service warranty.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The only caveat to what you said is that sometimes, the MoCo will open up the SWR window on bikes. When they do that, any Harley parts you have installed at a dealership can be added to your SWR to that the newly installed parts will be covered for the balance of your factory/extended service warranty.

On a bike that is 4 years old that probably isn’t gonna happen. I did the stage 3 on my 16 after 22000 miles and 2 years. Was not covered under esp. That’s why I traded it for a new one and had all the motor work done upon delivery.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Would this not be dependent on who his ESP is through? I inquired about an ESP through a 3rd party (some dude that many on here use and recommended) for my '17 when I was going to build it out a bit and the 3rd party said they do not care about it.......it would be covered - this was NOT a Fact HD ESP and was through a 3rd Party.......so there's that

·
Registered
831 Posts
Would this not be dependent on who his ESP is through? I inquired about an ESP through a 3rd party (some dude that many on here use and recommended) for my '17 when I was going to build it out a bit and the 3rd party said they do not care about it.......it would be covered - this was NOT a Fact HD ESP and was through a 3rd Party.......so there's that

You are correct. But if he has the HD ESP it will not be covered.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Admins.....please do not delete this thread until I can show my OL..........she is convinced the above statement is NEVER applicable
Freedom just quoted the wrong post... (your OL's answer to that)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called HD MOCO to confirm what dealer advised and as long as a Valid Dealer Work Order is presented and the work was done wile under factory warranty (which it still is) then the ESP will pick up and cover at any HD Dealership. The key item was emphasized Dealer Work Order. With HD Parts, then all is acceptable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Brother- this build will certainly get your blood pumpin! It will be a blast to ride. Have fun with it ! And congratulations if you follow through with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts