Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What holds the vent door on? I pulled out the one bolt and nut but seems to be hung up on the very top right corner of the door. Do you have to split the lowers to get the door off and out?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I took the "shelf" out of mine to get them off. There should be a slot that holds them in, just taking the center screw out wouldn't remove mine. Maybe that is because I had another piece broken, I had to replace that shelf and eyed up the assembly when I had it apart.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the main Pivot bolt and was expecting this to like fall out. But it seem to be hung up on the top right corner of the vent if that makes sense. So you don't have to pull the top outer cover piece off? Will take another peek at it tonight.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
What holds the vent door on? I pulled out the one bolt and nut but seems to be hung up on the very top right corner of the door. Do you have to split the lowers to get the door off and out?
That's all that holds them on. I had to twist and wiggle mine a bit to get them out.
actually, there is a little more to it than that. there is a slot in the top of the door that rides over a pin on the lower. you can twist and wiggle and force it out, but its easy enough to take the cap off, and remove the 3 torx screws that hold the glovebox assembly on and then just lift the door out. i do it while leaving the lowers mounted on the bike. i do have to move the lower a little bit to get the angle right for one screw, but i don't have to mess with the very bottom clamp.

·
Registered
671 Posts
actually, there is a little more to it than that. there is a slot in the top of the door that rides over a pin on the lower. you can twist and wiggle and force it out, but its easy enough to take the cap off, and remove the 3 torx screws that hold the glovebox assembly on and then just lift the door out. i do it while leaving the lowers mounted on the bike. i do have to move the lower a little bit to get the angle right for one screw, but i don't have to mess with the very bottom clamp.
+1.. that's the way I do it.. Good advice.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Yep, just took mine off the other day, remove the bolt, and give it a twist it'll pop off.
If you look in the back of the glove box you can see the little molded dimple that forms the pin holding the door so you'll have a little better idea of where it's at. There's alot of flex in the box and lower so a bit of pushing and pulling will get it easily.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I just take mine off and then dismantle it in a comfortable seated position. It is one bolt thru the hinge, but you also have to get it out of a slot that is way more accessable when you take the lid off and remove it from the bike.

Pay close attention to how the pieces come apart on the hinge. There are many parts in there to make up the racheting hinge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts