Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is, i have read all the good reviews on the freedom shield,and i def want this brand shield, my only decision is , should i buy a 11 inch or 12 inch, i am leaning towards 11 inch, the 12 will be in my line of sight, which i do not want. The freedom shield will sit a about 2 inches higher than my current shields (clarks) the freedom will end at the tip of my nose, so if i go 12, it will seem to be too tall. Anyone have pics of a 11 inch on a 2011 fltrx? Any info is much appreciated as well as long as its not about another brand of shield please.:surprise:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Well here it is, i have read all the good reviews on the freedom shield,and i def want this brand shield, my only decision is , should i buy a 11 inch or 12 inch, i am leaning towards 11 inch, the 12 will be in my line of sight, which i do not want. The freedom shield will sit a about 2 inches higher than my current shields (clarks) the freedom will end at the tip of my nose, so if i go 12, it will seem to be too tall. Anyone have pics of a 11 inch on a 2011 fltrx? Any info is much appreciated as well as long as its not about another brand of shield please.:surprise:
Order both. John will ship in the same box. Mount with all the wrapping on and test drive. Send back the one you don't need. Make sure you reference the forum to get discount.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i spoke to john and ordered the 11 inch shield, gave me a great discount and a helluva nice guy, took his time with me and placed the order, cant wait for it to arrive and install it on my glide. I measured twice and double checked with john, now as soon as i get it mounted i will take it for a highway run and post the results.:grin:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Order both. John will ship in the same box. Mount with all the wrapping on and test drive. Send back the one you don't need. Make sure you reference the forum to get discount.
This is what I should have done. I bought a 15 and I think i need a 16..return and replace policy is great, but the shipping both ways is a killer...why is sending a box so much$$?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
You will love your new Freedom Shield. I have three now (2 of the standard touring in 12" and 13") and one of the new Sport Touring that John released in 2016 (11").

Quality on all three is top notch, fit is perfect and John at FS has been great to deal with. I also had a fourth 13" standard touring that I sold because I ended up with two of them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well i spoke to john and ordered the 11 inch shield, gave me a great discount and a helluva nice guy, took his time with me and placed the order, cant wait for it to arrive and install it on my glide. I measured twice and double checked with john, now as soon as i get it mounted i will take it for a highway run and post the results.:grin:
I am 5'9" and the 11" touring shield is perfect for me. Mine is the medium grey. You can actually hear the radio with this installed.
I had a guy on a new 2017 RGS chase me down the other day and ask me what kind of shield I was running, he liked the looks of mine and was impressed with the workmanship and the thickness of the acrylic. Says he is gonna order one.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I have two LRS shields and I'm very happy with both of them.

I purchased a 10" dark tint Stingray and a 13" Medium tint Stingray.

Both have been great and you certainly can't beat the price.

Swomack

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i got my shield this week from john and i can def tell you the fit and finish are excellent, size is dead on, unfortunately the well nuts i am not to happy with, two pulled out during mounting, so i ordered another set from klockwerks which i had before and thought they were excellent, tried local ace store and my indy shop but no luck, so the klockwerks will be here this week sometime im sure. Now for the gasket i dont know if i like it or not, any thoughts anyone? im thinking of removing it and running my usual black door edge moulding like i did on my previous shield. Cant wait to try it size was perfect, so far i am pretty happy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I emailed John with some questions got a response in 14 minutes. Ordered what I needed got the discount too. 16" medium tint Touring.

- Dave

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is what I should have done. I bought a 15 and I think i need a 16..return and replace policy is great, but the shipping both ways is a killer...why is sending a box so much$$?
So is this 15" shield the same size as my stock Ultra? maybe we should meet up, so I can take a look and you will not have to pay shipping to send it back..... If i'm not too late

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i measured wrong, my bad had the bike on uneven pavement slight incline and my shield is too short, so it looks like i am going to order a 13 inch one now if i cant trade it with some, guess i will be posting it up for sale soon, i want a little more protection because my mustang sport tourer is not a low profile seat, if i had a day tripper it might have been good, oh well here we go again.:frown:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Freedom Shields are great. Had an 8" for my SGS before I sold. Spoke to John and ( at 6 ') , he suggested I go with 14" Medium tint (same as stock Ultra). Should be coming today. Hope it will be right size.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I made the call and my 13 shield is en route, so I will be selling my 11 inch shield upon arrival of my new one for 100 dollars plus shipping if anyone's interested, pics are avail in the buy or trade section , thanks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well here's the update, got the 13 tried it as John said with the plastic on and it was in my line of sight, returned it for a 12, and bang! Dead on perfect, the best shield I have ever had on my glide and this is the third brand, looks awesome ,and at 70 mph I get no buffeting, I hear my radio with no problem.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well here's the update, got the 13 tried it as John said with the plastic on and it was in my line of sight, returned it for a 12, and bang! Dead on perfect, the best shield I have ever had on my glide and this is the third brand, looks awesome ,and at 70 mph I get no buffeting, I hear my radio with no problem.

Have the 14" and love it. John is aces with customer service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You aint kidding, he is a hell of a guy, and the quality and clarity i love, like i mentioned before doing 70 mph all clean air and hear my tunes really good, i am so happy i went with a Freedom shield.:grin:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have two LRS shields and I'm very happy with both of them.

I purchased a 10" dark tint Stingray and a 13" Medium tint Stingray.

Both have been great and you certainly can't beat the price.
Swomack
So with that being said I am 6'5 what size would you recommend for hiway and protection?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a Freedom 14" light tint that I'd like to sell if anyone is interested. I'd do half price of new. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts