Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new Klock Werks windshield for my new 2015 RGS.
I ended up purchasing the dark smoked Sport Flair.
Man I have too say it is fantastic.
They are made to perfection.
A perfect fit on this new bike and zero head buffeting.
Looks great as well.
Here are a few pictures on my bike.
Swomack

Registered
I bought the same one from Eastern Performance, made an offer through Ebay for $200 and they took it. I am still not sure how I feel about the look, I prefer the shorter one. If it functions as I hope it will I will take that over the way it looks.

Registered
I like it. I've got the same bike & have decided on that shield as well. Just not sure on the tint. Is there much wind noise at highway speeds? The 12inch Windsplitter I have is ok on the buffeting but is louder than I care for. Appreciate any input.

Registered
wind noise

I also have the 14" sport flare in dark smoke (same color as the stock). The wind noise really varies a lot - in certain wind conditions it is still very noisy. I just put on some crash bar wind deflectors that a friend of mine here in SW FLA made - they are form fitted ABS and just slip right on and what a difference they made! I am looking for lowers - just keep missing the deals out there鈥
back to the windshield - I tried the harley wind splitter first - and the Klockwerks is by far better鈥 That being said - there are some circumstances that you still get some significant wind noise - putting on the lower deflectors - all gone - all of it!
Now just need to find some lowers that I can put speakers in!

Registered
I also have the 14" sport flare in dark smoke (same color as the stock). The wind noise really varies a lot - in certain wind conditions it is still very noisy. I just put on some crash bar wind deflectors that a friend of mine here in SW FLA made - they are form fitted ABS and just slip right on and what a difference they made! I am looking for lowers - just keep missing the deals out there鈥
back to the windshield - I tried the harley wind splitter first - and the Klockwerks is by far better鈥 That being said - there are some circumstances that you still get some significant wind noise - putting on the lower deflectors - all gone - all of it!
Now just need to find some lowers that I can put speakers in!
Do you have a picture of the deflectors, or a link to where others can purchase something similar? I am looking for something to stop the wind noise, but don't want a full set of lowers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Is that a 14 inch? NO wind buffeting??
I don't have any wind buffeting at all with my new shield.
I tried the Windsplitter and didn't think much of it.
As far as wind noise, it's a motorcycle and I expect there to be's a little bit of wind noise.
Swomack

Registered
I don't have any wind buffeting at all with my new shield.
I tried the Windsplitter and didn't think much of it.
As far as wind noise, it's a motorcycle and I expect there to be's a little bit of wind noise.
Swomack
Man, that looks nice. I'm heading out next weekend to hopefully order my 15 RG special and I'm going to have dealer swap out the shields. I had a windvest on my 2011, worked awesome but this Klockwerks looks way better.

Registered
After reading this thread, I went and ordered one (Dark Smoke Sport Flair)from Eastern and yesterday after work it was on my front porch (about a week and a half to arrive). Installed it last night, and I definitely like the looks and quality. Now if our North West rain would stop for a day or so, I will take it out for a test tide.

Registered
I've been running a 16" Klockwerks windshield for about a year, and really like it. It replaced the Harley Davidson Wind Splitter, and is much better at reducing buffeting. In fact the difference was and is night and day.:D

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
14" Sports Flair.
I'm digging it for this bike.
Swomack

Registered
I want to check one out during Bike week in March. I would like to see one in person before deciding.

Registered
After installing the 14" Sport windshield, I took it off the jack stand and when I turned the handle bars to full stop... it hit. I have 12 KST Outlaw bars and I guess since I am used to Bat wing fairings didn't think about the bars hitting the wind shield. Anyway, moved the bars back a little bit and all good to go now.

Registered
I've had one of the 12" model for about 5 years and 2 bikes (2001 & 2012) and I love it. Easy to look over and no buffeting.:D

Registered
I get mine tomorrow! I tried the HD windsplitter and liked the looks (except for the clear shield), but it just wasn't right. Next, put on the 8" windvest. Much better (and it was dark smoke), but I still thought I could do better. Sooo I ordered the 14" KW Sport Flare. HOPE that will be the one that stops me from looking around.

How tall are you? Inseam? I'm 5'10, 32" inseam.

Love the look of that KW on the bike!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts