Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a new 2016 Road Glide Ultra. All the Paper work is done (with the exception of my Signature).

I am holding up on finalizing everything till I get the Add On's list finished.

The area I'm working on is the front end. What I want is Chrome Lower Fork Sliders with Black Upper Slider covers. My question goes to the fairing skirt, which is chrome I believe and I want it to be Black also. I don't see anything in the P&G catalog for this.

I purchased a almost new set of Standard Enforcer wheels and tires with under 500 miles on them off E-bay. These where going on my 2009 Road King. But now I believe the will find a new home on the Ultra.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The vivid black FLTRXS (special) has a color matched fender skirt. Maybe your parts guy can find the color code for you. 57000508 Is the P/N for the unpainted if that helps any. You could also take your chrome one off and have it powdercoated.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Are you referring to the piece just under the fairing and above the upper sliders? If so, I was looking for the same piece in denim/satin black, but may end up having to paint it. It is a plastic piece, unlike the batwings, which I think is metal.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are you referring to the piece just under the fairing and above the upper sliders? If so, I was looking for the same piece in denim/satin black, but may end up having to paint it. It is a plastic piece, unlike the batwings, which I think is metal.

Lil Chief
The one on my '15 standard is chromed steel. As is the ones on the new RGU, I believe.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You probably know this by now but you need there are filler panels for the fender supports. If you want the filler support that is used on the RGS you need the fender as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am in the same situation where I love my 15' RGS looks but really need a Tour pack. Already have the 4 point kit. That Rear fender on the 16' RGU is ugly and must go...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a picture of a forum members bike that is similar to what I want to do to the front end.

The piece I am looking for is the cover that covers the lower triple tree just above the cow bells.

The one on the bike I'm buying chrome, the one pictured is black.

None of the front end chrome kits listed in the parts and accessories catalog (P&A) include this part.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ask you parts guy for the P/N for the vivid black painted part that came stock on the vivid black specials. It won't be in the P&A catalog as it is an OEM part.
The vivid black FLTRXS (special) has a color matched fender skirt. Maybe your parts guy can find the color code for you. 57000508 Is the P/N for the unpainted if that helps any. You could also take your chrome one off and have it powdercoated.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Man, I'll take another look at mine. I was almost positive it was plastic. If so, I got ripped off!!

Lil' Chief

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am scheduled to pick up my bike Saturday after I get off work. 2:00. 20% chance of rain of course. After all it is Texas.

I received My Enforcer Wheels & Tires today which I purchased from an individual for $600.00 with less than 600 miles. The nubs were still on the tires so I'm sure the mileage was pretty low. I will be dropping these off a the dealership tomorrow. Along with the Enforcer wheels I am having Chrome Lower Fork Sliders and Black Cow Bells installed.

I always wanted a chrome front end on my Road King but never got around to it. So, I'm getting that out of the way before I get started with everything else I have planed.

I have also ordered a Color Matched Black outer fairing skirt from a FLTRXS to replace the chrome one and finish off the front end.

Let the customizations begin.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Congrats...smart move getting a start on mods off showroom floor. Gets more difficult to find time to do once riding, especially in your climate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up my new Road Glide Saturday and picked up a few things. Cowboy Harley of Beaumont gave my $400.00 worth of gift cards to go with my new bike. So I Picked up a couple of things and rode the bike home.

Being use to me modified Road King it was a different ride. I'm use to a more set back seat on my King and felt like I was setting on the gas tank.

I did rob a few things of the King before I turned it over to the dealer. Highway pegs, Passenger pegs, Garage door remote, grips and a few other things.

First change was the seat. I had a Hammock seat that I used on the Road King, Less than 2000 miles on it. I placed the new set on the bike and it vastly improved the seating position. Even the Handle bars felt better.

Next Was the floor boards. I always feel like I'm wrapping my legs around the tank. The answer was the Kuryakyn 1+1 floor board relocaters. These move the floor boards forward 1" and Out 1 inch.
While I was at it I adjust the shifters to my preferred locations.

Next change was to install my old passenger pegs, always hated the floor boards hitting me in the back of the legs when walking the bike and the wife doesn't mind the Street Glide Pegs. This was followed by installing highway pegs.

Next was the garage door remote, this was installed while replacing the left power port on the fairing with a cigarette lighter. The garage door remote is a standard Lift-Master remote that I have soldered 2 wires to the contacts for the battery and this gets connected to the bike electrical system (Key On Power) In this case I used the power to the lighter to power it up. I have also soldiered two wires to either side of the push button. These get connected to a remote push button. I placed the activation button at the bottom left corner of the left speaker grill.

Changed out the grips and played with the stereo programing some. Time to go for a ride and see how the bike feels and works. I post some pictures later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Test ride went good, body position on the bike is good. Still not sure about handle bars, wrist angle is not good and would like a little more height.

Here are some pictures how she sits now.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

and the garage door push button.

[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts