Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Here is their description:
Purple Slice Clean wax and polish, The Ultimate Finish in one easy step! Just spray and wipe. Purple Slice is a revolutionary liquid with many uses on vehicles, office and home. It gives a brilliant streak free shine instantly while cleaning bugs, dirt, and grime. Works on paint, chrome, plastic, glass, motorcycle windshields, helmets, stainless steel, fiberglass, carbon fiber, LCD screens, mirrors, granite counter tops, phones, tablets, glasses, sunglasses, and finished wood, plus much more. Leaves no streaks or residue. Won’t turn white if it’s let dry. Just spray again and wipe. Works best with a microfiber towel. Biodegradable and non toxic.

Can be used in direct sunlight and won’t streak
Can be used on denim, flat, matte black and it will stay flat black / matte black
Keeps surfaces cleaner longer, providing a non-stick heat resistant coating
Works Instantly!

Sounds like a topcoat deal if you ask me.
Polishing requires abrasives. I doubt this has any, if it did it would mar LCD screens. Probably fillers so people "Think" they polished out the imperfections.
It says it has wax in it and can be used on matte paint. Its one or the other not both.
Also at that price, no dam way. Wolfgang Uber, BlackFire WW, or Ultima WW concentrates. All day every day over this stuff. Their gallon is $66.99. I can make 5 gallons with Uber for less then $20.

If you like it keep using it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you like it keep using it.

I have this thing about false advertisement, like topcoat does. That link I posted claims the same deal.

Cant polish anything without abrasives. Cant polish paint by wiping a MF towel across it. So the polish claim is false.
Wax on matte paint? We know the answer to that one.

In the claim the person states what is in the MSDS sheet, silicone. How much silicone, I don't know.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I can testify, takes an ounce sprayed,atomized, wait and one direction wipe for my RG.
Ya know those tiny carcasses on the back of your mirrors, yea, gone, all the natasses on the paint, gone, and she cuts the wind with a shine.
The gallon lasted 5yrs.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you like it use it.

I detail vehicles as a side gig, if this was a game changing product I would use it along with every other pro detailer.
Unfortunately, there are better products that are cheaper.
Plus, it seems this stuff has silicone in it which I stay away from in all of the products I use.

I would lump this in with the topcoat stuff.
Maybe you can mix them together, Top Slice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts