Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I stayed after work to help the boss with some things and to put my new exhaust on. I had a Cobra Pro Chamber headpipe and Cobra Neighbor Haters. Loved the look and sound but after going to full air ride and an electric center stand, the crossover pipe was in the way of the stand. Went with the Cobra Side Dump system. Love the sound and the look! The end is rotatable from level to where you see it. Has some decel pop but that can probably be addressed with my Power Vision.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks good! Be sure to let us know how you like it as you get some miles on it.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Nice looking pipes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've a friend that is toying with going with that style of exhaust on their SG, but they have concerns about the noise level (Stock Radio..). So how loud is that pipe??

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've a friend that is toying with going with that style of exhaust on their SG, but they have concerns about the noise level (Stock Radio..). So how loud is that pipe??
Idle and steady cruising it’s not too loud. A good comparison would be CVO stock mufflers. But, when you crack it or really get on it, it’s loud! I like that though, mostly to get people’s attention on the road when they’re too busy looking at their damn phones. Lol.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Idle and steady cruising it’s not too loud. A good comparison would be CVO stock mufflers. But, when you crack it or really get on it, it’s loud! I like that though, mostly to get people’s attention on the road when they’re too busy looking at their damn phones. Lol.
From what I have seen/heard.....this is an M8 thing and I dig it the most - Quiet (ish) on Idle and Start Up and as LOUD as you want it to be (depending on pipe) when you lay into it

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Looks good, Congrats. Shopping araound for a 2-1 side dump myself.

Reactions: crazy4ink

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
From what I have seen/heard.....this is an M8 thing and I dig it the most - Quiet (ish) on Idle and Start Up and as LOUD as you want it to be (depending on pipe) when you lay into it
You've heard my Cobra Speedster Duals W/power port. Cobra pipes I think are really overlooked. Happy with mine. Sound subdued at cruise but a nice bark when I crack the the throttle. Better performance out there? Sure. But this is a comfort machine.

Happy with my cobra pipes.

Reactions: crazy4ink

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
And @crazy4ink get your ass back to WI. Need a mechanic like you nearby. I trust my my local dealer of choice, (plenty to choose from here in Milwaukee area on top of Indy) that can take blame on on a RG specific forum lol.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So after having the pipe on for a few days, I can say that I really like it. Mellow-ish at idle but definetly barks LOUD when you crack it. I like that the end of the exhaust is rotatable too. Right now, I have it turned to the highest point. It will rotate to level but I didn't like that look as much.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And @crazy4ink get your ass back to WI. Need a mechanic like you nearby. I trust my my local dealer of choice, (plenty to choose from here in Milwaukee area on top of Indy) that can take blame on on a RG specific forum lol.

Lol. Thank you for the kind words! I really liked living in WI and the people there were great. Really the only reason I left was because of a better pay offer and a longer riding season.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Looks great. I like the fact it can be rotated too. I'd like to find out how it is in the power department though. I was contemplating going with the short 2into1 turnout exhaust but I kept hearing they may choke a little power compared to the full length 2into1 exhaust. I went with the D&D Boarzilla for my 124 and I'm happy with it but I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the short and full length

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Love that pipe and was curious as well on how loud it was. By the way you described it, it isn't that bad....

Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Really the only reason I left was because of a better pay offer and a longer riding season.
Heated grips and seat can add a whole day or two to the riding season here, what more could you ask for?!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You've heard my Cobra Speedster Duals W/power port. Cobra pipes I think are really overlooked. Happy with mine. Sound subdued at cruise but a nice bark when I crack the the throttle. Better performance out there? Sure. But this is a comfort machine.

Happy with my cobra pipes.
Yes Brotha Man.......your ride has a great note to it indeed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts