·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Congrats, thank you Scott for helping.:nerd:

Reactions: mastergunnera8

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good to have when shit happens or just oops!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Look good, great peace of mind.

Ordered a pair the day I picked up my bike.

For life's "just in case moments".

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I took mine off the old bike so I could use them on the new bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to get some for my 10. I have a set of those snap on pouches off of a road king. Can't have enough carrying capacity out on the road.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks good man! Gotta love the weather lately when you can have the garage door open in January. Lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some cheap peace of mind if it even falls over. Looks good.
Couldn’t agree more. I hit a deer (did not go down- when in doubt, throttle out) in Sept and my rear crash bars saved my left side saddle bags from damage.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Administrator
12,507 Posts
I admit I bought the ones off eBay, less than half the price, but they are good quality and do work........yes, I know from experience.

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I just picked up a pair myself, can't wait to put them on, I just wish they were 1 1/4" like the engine guards
Factory 47 Anarchy bag guards. Problem is I'm just as scared to fall on these as I am my bags. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Factory 47 Anarchy bag guards. Problem is I'm just as scared to fall on these as I am my bags. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
those do look awesome & I know what you mean about falling on them but it would be easier to repair or replace those than to replace the bags

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did the same to my ride over the holidays......easy install and like others have said, cheap peace of mind in case of an "oops".

·
Read Only
27 Posts
I put rear crash bars/saddlebag guards on my 2017 Road Glide Special too. I sprung for stretched bags (painted Laguna Orange) so definitely wanted to protect my investment since the painted bags cost a pretty penny. I had a Road King CVO prior to my RGS and put saddlebag guards on that bike too. Those guards saved my bacon (and pocketbook) in a nasty, rutted gravel parking lot in Oatman AZ during the Laughlin River Run. I dropped my bike in that parking lot but had not one scratch on my saddlebags and barely a scratch on the guards--front or back! So when I got my Road Glide Special those rear guards were one of the first things I added.

I also find the guards serve another helpful purpose when I travel. I put the removable back rest on my La Pera seat then put my H-D "Premium Overnight Bag" on the pillion area with the neoprene mounting band around the back rest and with bag facing backwards. Then I can easily loop and clip the attached bag straps around the saddlebag guards. My husband rides a Street Glide that doesn't have rear saddlebag guards. He has the same travel bag that I do and always struggles to find a good attachment point for the bag's straps. My method, thanks to those saddlebag guards, makes the whole process of attaching and removing my travel bag easy-peasy!

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I admit I bought the ones off eBay, less than half the price, but they are good quality and do work........yes, I know from experience.
Do you have a link to the eBay guards that you bought?

Reactions: Still Grumpy
1 - 20 of 20 Posts