Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a really nice KingTP and already have the docking hardware. I was told there was a lip on the TP that not allow new Rack to mount correctly to the TP. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The frame of the 08 and older is different than the 09 and up so the 08 TP rack will not mount to the 15 detach hardware. You will need to buy the 09-13 TP rack to mount the TP on then it will mount to the 15 detach kit on the bike. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my understanding... that I would need to buy an 09+ Detachanble Rack so that it would fit the 4 point docking hardware. I have had one person tell me that the bottom surface of the 08 Tour Pak was different than the newer ones... there is a "lip" where the old tubular mount used to go - and for that reason it would not sit correctly on the back of the scooter. I thought for sure it cant be that big a deal! if it is then I will just sell this one and try to find a newer one. Im going to have to repaint anyway...

Thanks for your responses...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I heard that the old TP will interfere with the opening of the 15 saddlebag lids unless spaced up. Dunno. The new TP is so much better looking that I'd sell the old one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts