Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the local HD dealer put in a TW-777 cam for me. I have a SE Ventilator, V&H 2-1-2 header, and CFR slip-ons already on the bike with a PC5 tuner. The dealer says he won't be able to tune it right with that and wants me to upgrade to the SERT tuner.

What do you think, do I need to upgrade the tuner to get this bike tuned properly? Or will the PC5 do the trick?

Thanks in advance!:grin:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
You should have no problem tuning the bike with the PC5. The harley tech doing the dyno tune isn't familiar with the PC5 and doesn't know how to program it or he just wants to sell you the SERT.
Either way I wouldn't have the bike tuned at that particular dealer because you probably won't get a quality tune.
See if there is a shop that has a dyno that can tune your bike with the PC5.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Inteligents with side stand down isn't
the same as in the wind....
Seems before the PC5 the PCIII
was just find for most. Modern age?

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
I am having the local HD dealer put in a TW-777 cam for me. I have a SE Ventilator, V&H 2-1-2 header, and CFR slip-ons already on the bike with a PC5 tuner. The dealer says he won't be able to tune it right with that and wants me to upgrade to the SERT tuner.

What do you think, do I need to upgrade the tuner to get this bike tuned properly? Or will the PC5 do the trick?

Thanks in advance!:grin:
The PC-V is a flexible product that is easy to work with, no reason you cannot tune your combo with it. However it comes down to using the product the individual doing the tuning is most comfortable and proficient using.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I will stick with the PCV for now. I will see if they are willing to try and tune it. If not, I will put a close map in there and then find a good tuner in the Mpls area to do it for me. I would rather not spend the money, unless I end up with real tuning issues.

:grin:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I will stick with the PCV for now. I will see if they are willing to try and tune it. If not, I will put a close map in there and then find a good tuner in the Mpls area to do it for me. I would rather not spend the money, unless I end up with real tuning issues.

:grin:
Those guys at Fairbault HD know a thing or two. I had good luck with them on a previous bike. I just went to their website and saw this,
Faribault Harley-Davidson® boasts a full dyno tuning & performance shop. Our Dynojet® facilities have all of the newest updates, keeping us on the cutting edge of performance tuning. No matter what fuel delivery system you have, we can help you get the most from your motor. Fuel injected motorcycles have a variety of different tuning systems available. Our tuning center can work with all of them, and we can let you know all the facts so that you can make the best choice for you and your cycle. From Screamin' Eagle® to all the aftermarket systems, we can answer your questions. Through on going training, our dyno operator stays at the forefront of dyno tuning techniques and technologies to stay on top.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am having the work done at St. Paul HD. They said they think they can get it done and be very close to perfect with the PC5. However, if they can't I will be taking it straight down to Faribault HD to have it done. I am not going to spend more $$ on a SERT just because one dealer can't tune it properly.

Looking forward to riding on the flood run with some new power under the hood!!>:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't realize that some placed only do a bench or ride tune. They don't have an actual Dyno. I am surprised by this, as I can't understand how you can do motor work for people, and then not tune it correctly. Maybe that is the benefit of the SERT? You don't actually have to do a dyno?

Anyway, I told St. Paul HD to just put a close map in it, and then I have scheduled an actual tune appointment with Faribault HD as they are well known in the twin cities for expert tuning.

Just seems weird if you ask me.:nerd:

·
Registered
92 Posts
PCV and TW777 cams

Why not just buy the PCV from Fuel Moto with one of their maps on it and drive it....Done and you'll be happy....jmo, CSM-H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts