Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is my first road glide and I know things are different from my road king. Im looking to put a set of these, or similar bars on it MAYHEM 16" RISE CHROME APE HANGERS BARS 1-1/4" HANDLEBARS HARLEY ROAD GLIDE 16-U | eBay

My question is. will these fit my clamp? I know I will need new bushings, and new cables. Also extensions.. What else am I missing? Anybody run this type of bar? They look damn near identical to the KST renegades. But about 80 bucks cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
12,313 Posts
You don't have to change the risers unless you want to. They're 1-1/4 so you shouldn't have to change anything else. You may be able to reroute the clutch and brake cables so they will work, also if you take the handlebar wires off the plate you may not need extensions, if so, you should only need 4" extensions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
for what it's worth - I put 14" Factory 47 Signature bars on my 17 RGS & the only thing that had any slack left in it was the throttle wire assembly which had several inches left over. The switch housing wires barely came out of the bottom of the bars and both the clutch and brake lines were difficult to tease out to the length needed for the new mounting position.

·
Registered
90 Posts
for what it's worth - I put 14" Factory 47 Signature bars on my 17 RGS & the only thing that had any slack left in it was the throttle wire assembly which had several inches left over. The switch housing wires barely came out of the bottom of the bars and both the clutch and brake lines were difficult to tease out to the length needed for the new mounting position.

+ 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts