Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a 2015 style tour pak to mount on my 2012 FLTRX. I found the part # to get one already painted in BBP to match my bike. My question for those of you who have added tour paks to your Custom is what all will I need besides the tour pak, backrest cushion, liner, quick detach mounting rack, and possibly speaker pods? I have the 4 point docking on the bike already.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a 2015 style tour pak to mount on my 2012 FLTRX. I found the part # to get one already painted in BBP to match my bike. My question for those of you who have added tour paks to your Custom is what all will I need besides the tour pak, backrest cushion, liner, quick detach mounting rack, and possibly speaker pods? I have the 4 point docking on the bike already.
Key lock, keyed to match your bike and premium hinges.
Also, order the one for a Road King, so you dont get one predrilled full of holes for the antenna!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Needs two wiring harnesses to connect rear speakers like factory setup. FLTR & FLTRX doesn't come with them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like you have everything you need to get started. I wouldn't call the premium hinges necessary although the stock hinges are butt ugly. A luggage rack for the lid may be a consideration. I also added the premium latches and retractable lid tether.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I added the 2015 Tour Pak to my 2013 FLTRX. All you need is the 2015 Tour Pak, 2015 mount, and back rest. Your 4 point docking station works perfect. The hinges on the new Tour Paks are fine. I did not add rear speakers so can't help you there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, just ordered all my stuff. Will post pics when I get it all and get it installed. Might be a while though, could take 6-8 weeks for tour pak since it's a painted item. Decided to hold off on the speaker pods for now. Will check into doing that a little later. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMHO, Pass on the retractable lid tether, they break and so does the tour pak when the lid flops all the way over. Get a Ultra brace from eGlideGoodies. Enjoy the Glide!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally

Ok, been a while since I started this thread, but I finally got everything together and installed. Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, most of the time it won't be on, but at least now when I travel I have room to carry what I need.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was wanting to make my tourpak on my Ultra removable..after looking up the prices of the different pieces, I changed my mind..Now, I guess Harley makes a kit to do this and the price is around $550, almost half.. Going to dive deeper and will probably pull the trigger on it this summer.. I ride a LOT more Solo, but this way I can keep the pack for trips and when the Fiancee is in town..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks like it came with the bike. So the 2015 detachable rack mounts to the 2012 four point dock like NorCal mentioned? I've been wanting to do this to my 2011 but was unsure about the mount. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Looks like it came with the bike. So the 2015 detachable rack mounts to the 2012 four point dock like NorCal mentioned? I've been wanting to do this to my 2011 but was unsure about the mount. Thanks for the pics.

That is correct. The only thing that is changed is the hardware that bolts onto the bike itself. They didn't make new accessories so all the old stuff from 09' & up still fits the new docking hardware.

·
Registered
120 Posts
looks great! Having the options for longer rides means a lot .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts