Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting the power vision PV-1 and doing an auto tune. I've done some searching and reading and was thinking it would be good to have a thread to answer just the following for reference (vs reading pages and pages to find it) ... So the questions are, if you have a PV-1:

1. Are you running an auto tune or preset tune (if preset, which one)
2. What is you average fuel mileage. (Not increase because its irrelevant data to a shopper, just the actual avg mileage. I.e., 45mpg etc....)

Looking forward to seeing what results folks are getting.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have the PV-1 on my bike. So far I have done 2 auto-tunes, gathering different data each time. I have not had a chance to check the fuel mileage yet as I have not run a full tank through it yet after the auto-tune. The best I got when the bike was stock was 45 MPG. That was with stock exhaust and intake. Now I have slip-ons and a new intake. So far I have not been riding it too hard, been letting the segments populate.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
i have the pv. running the dyno tune from fuelmoto from when they did the 107 kit. most of my riding is a mix of town/highway and i average 40-42mpg. when we took a road trip last year, when we were able to get on the slab and cruise, i would get over 45mpg. thats running 75-80mph.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Stage 1 with V & H Power Duals and 4" rounds, SE A/C and the PV. Originally with a canned MAP from Fuel Moto got 41-42mpg and ran well, slight popping on hard decel (down shifting) Ran 2 auto tunes , first i sent to Jamie at FM and he tweaked the MAP , improved popping and power. Then I ran another data run and had the PV do the map. Now Im still getting about 41 MPG and power os smooth and no popping on decel unless Im downshifting at high rpms.

Overall Im very happy with the Power Vision

·
Registered
138 Posts
Running pv, stage 1 a/c, jackpot headpipe 212, hd nightstick slipons and from a full tank i ran 66 miles city and hwy then filled up 1.7+ gallons and got an average of 38 mpg . I will try an auto tune basic soon. The bike has nice power compaired to cat pipe stock version

·
Registered
192 Posts
2/1 jackpots, PV with auto pro and jet moto ac ,38.5mpg many auto tunes stays the same yet I can't seem to take it easy having to much fun. Hand checked mileage and PV calculated very close to same milage.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Well I finally got to ride enough to get some fuel mileage readings on my bike. Running around town and back and forth to work I have gotten 39.1 and 39.3. Not too bad for in town riding.

·
Registered
138 Posts
38 mpg down to 33

just refilled tank today,133 miles and used 3.943 gallons for 33.7 MPG . It was mostly hard city driving . power is great ,but i want more MPG. i will do auto tune basic and hope to see more power and economy. i just hope it works.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Map from fuel moto after I did the cams. Did two auto tunes using the same map. On average I am at 40 mpg's. Happy since that is a combo of hwy and city. For the most part I really don't care on the milage as long as the bike runs well!

·
Registered
192 Posts
just refilled tank today,133 miles and used 3.943 gallons for 33.7 MPG . It was mostly hard city driving . power is great ,but i want more MPG. i will do auto tune basic and hope to see more power and economy. i just hope it works.:confused::confused:

Mine was down as well then when I stopped auto tuning or disabled auto tune in settings milage came back up . Auto tune does the following

AutoTune Basic—automatically applies a .pvv to the tune that does the following:
• Sets the base fuel table to 14.6 for AFR based calibrations and .982 for lambda based
calibrations.
• Disables AE/DE/EITMS/PE/Adaptive Control.
• Retards 4 degrees of timing.
• Bias the close loop range to .700mv on AFR based calibrations.

Once you finished autotuning and sent all the corrections leave auto tune disabled and thats when my mileage increased .

Hopefully someone with more experiance will chime in .

I went back and read the instructions and found several mistakes I was making.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
PV auto tune

I really like the ease of use of the PV, however, I'm not yet convinced that the auto tune is any better mileage wise, than the Fuel Moto tune. I noticed that you can re-activate auto tune every time you shut your bike down , and re-start and it continues loading data. I'm just going to leave it in auto tune for the next couple of rides then do a re-flash to see if the mileage goes up. Just my thoughts :)

I forgot to mention this, but the bike really hauls ass now and I'm smiling from ear to ear.

·
Registered
198 Posts
At this time running map from Jamie 43mpg @ 70mph I will try auto-tune when weather brakes. Nice thing is if I'm not happy with auto-trune I can load tune from Jamie back in :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
After doing 3 auto tunes and riding a combination of city and high way I have gotten a little over 40 MPG on 2 tanks. That's with me getting on it pretty hard several times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any updates with anyone else? I just started using my PV a cpl days ago with auto tune pro, mgs true duals and big sucker AC. It seems to be running ok but feels kinda flat up on top end...Ive had it in auto tune and flashed it over probably 5 times now. Am I supposed to disable the auto tune now? Im not really sure if it's running as good as it could or not. Mileage seems to be down but not positive yet. Could def use a lil help in the PV/Auto tune Pro are. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Any updates with anyone else? I just started using my PV a cpl days ago with auto tune pro, mgs true duals and big sucker AC. It seems to be running ok but feels kinda flat up on top end...Ive had it in auto tune and flashed it over probably 5 times now. Am I supposed to disable the auto tune now? Im not really sure if it's running as good as it could or not. Mileage seems to be down but not positive yet. Could def use a lil help in the PV/Auto tune Pro are. Thanks guys
YES, disable Autotune.

Once you've done the autotune runs, exported your results, then reflashed that new tune to your ECM, leave AT off, unless you want to do more tuning. You should immediately see an improvement in overall performance. Especially if you have AFR values in the base table that are richer where you need it. AT mode moves the AFR to 14.6 across the board which is lean, hence the flat feel.

Autotune Pro lets you map with the widebands, but you can't use them for normal riding which sucks... Try running your new tune without AT and see how it goes. Pack up the Widebands and install plugs in the pipes once you're happy.

On topic, Before adding cams I was routinely getting 34-36 on a tuned map from FM. After 57H cams, new map, and lots of tuning work I'm running 40-ish mpg on my normal commute. My commute is a mix of freeway @ 75-80mph and 5 miles of surface streets and dozen stop lights... I always leave those lights like my ass is on fire and know my bad mileage is caused by that last 5 miles... My last highway trip I got 48-50mpg riding a mix of foothills and twisties at altitude. Not bad!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I'm fairly new to the PV....does it give you an accurate mpg value when connected and riding, or do you have manually figure it out, miles you get per tank ??

Thanks

You've got calibrate it a bit, at the first couple fillupa you can manually enter the fuel used and itll get closer. The trick is in filling the tank equally each time. If you let the pump shut off on its own youll be short 1/2 a gallon or more, but its hard to get the last couple tenths in there accurately too. Some pumps are worse than others too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts