Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much work, and how complicated is it, to run the PV cable to the handlebars? I have a handlebar mount on its way and wondering whats involved...i.e. remove the tank ?? etc..

Thanks

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
+1 for tank not being difficult. Pulled mine and put the cable inside the wire caddy. I ran the cable up the left side handle bar next to switch wires.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Under the tank console took about 5 minutes. Plenty of room and you'll end up with lots of slack to mount anywhere on the front end.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would encourage you to take what little time and trouble it takes to pull the tank, and route the wiring in the cable trough above the backbone of the frame. I cheated at first, and simply zip tied mine to the underside of the backbone...bad move. My PV would intermittently lock up, while data logging. One call to Jamie fixed that! I described what was going on, and he immediately asked how I'd routed my cable to the PV module. Putting it near the plug wires(like I did) will cause interference, and lock it up. Pulled the tank, re routed the cable in the raceway above the backbone, and trouble free ever since! Another lesson to avoid shortcuts, and do it right the first time!

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts