Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I did an auto tune run. I spent about 30 min driving around in various driving conditions. Re flashed and headed home. Bike ran good except for this stupid POP when up shifting but that's for another thread.

Today I download the auto tune map I saved to a slot and did a compare and no changes at all? Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
So yesterday I did an auto tune run. I spent about 30 min driving around in various driving conditions. Re flashed and headed home. Bike ran good except for this stupid POP when up shifting but that's for another thread.
Today I download the auto tune map I saved to a slot and did a compare and no changes at all? Is this normal?

Where did you look for changes??
When doing an autotune, the only changes you will see will be in the VE front and rear charts in the airflow folder.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I get the same thing with three different auto tune runs AND when I compare different maps from dyno jet for differenent configs. Using compare function in win PV. In compare all cells are 0.0 Sorry, know that doesn't answer your question.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Try and grab the logs using WinPV - I believe you can use them in log tuner like before PV integrated autotune.

Sounds like you may not have exported the tune. Did you save an Autotune_results file in one of your slots?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I get the same thing with three different auto tune runs AND when I compare different maps from dyno jet for differenent configs. Using compare function in win PV. In compare all cells are 0.0 Sorry, know that doesn't answer your question.
Going to go on a limb and say you're not doing it right.

Flash tune with your base.
Go into Autotune and Enable AT, which forces a restart
Go into Autotune screen again hit logging so you can see the green screen
Ride
Park, export tune,
Save to a slot, called somethng like Autotune_results00xx
Now, Flash that tune to the ECM and you'll be using the Tuned tune...

Sorry if you know this already. But I screwed it up a few times when I started too.

I've been saving the logs and NOT autotuning lately then using log tuner like before. Been having pretty good results

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hows that work? Ive only used auto tune pro so far

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Try and grab the logs using WinPV - I believe you can use them in log tuner like before PV integrated autotune.

Sounds like you may not have exported the tune. Did you save an Autotune_results file in one of your slots?
I didn't save the logs next run I will.

Well I watched the video instructions before I went out to do the run. I am using Basic auto tune. I noted every step and followed it carefully. I did do the export and did do a flash. Very strange. I was checking for changes in WinPV which flags any differences when doing a compare. I will try it again today and see what happens..

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you look for changes??
When doing an autotune, the only changes you will see will be in the VE front and rear charts in the airflow folder.
Here is a pic of a a compare between two maps I received from FM. These are all the items that were included. Which tables are the "VE" tables. Forgive me I an new to doing this.

Here is a sample of what I was looking to see after the AT run.
It's a compare of two FM maps which shows changes only in the Lambda table.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Your operating in basic mode. In WinPV software, go to top of the page and click on set-up. A box will open , click the options tab then find the user level and change from basic to pro and click OK. VE tables should now be able to veiw in airflow section of your map. If not, click on the Powervision icon at top of page, then "update tune using PV". Everything should now be available to you for comparison.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your operating in basic mode. In WinPV software, go to top of the page and click on set-up. A box will open , click the options tab then find the user level and change from basic to pro and click OK. VE tables should now be able to veiw in airflow section of your map. If not, click on the Powervision icon at top of page, then "update tune using PV". Everything should now be available to you for comparison.
Got it! Thanks! Now to get the PV off my bike and check the compare now.
It looks a little more intimidating now I must say LOL

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SO now in WinPV Pro view I see changes were applied. So the only changes made by AT basic are to the VE tables? I think I got it now. Thanks for you helps folks!

If I buy the AT Pro Kit what is the difference?

Now on to making changes to stop the up shift pop and decel gurgling. Going to start a new thread...

Here are the Delta Views when comparing the AT change to the map I modified.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
There ya go!

If you buy AT Pro kit it will allow you to hit more VE cells easier and faster as I understand. What I've seen is that the cells will change, but if the resulting measurement is too far outside of the NB's parameters the VEnew value will be hugely different. I think when that happens the NBs aren't as accurate.

Also, and this is why I am starting to think about getting the Pro set up after again, You can data log with Pro when NOT in autotune mode. Then when you're done you can download the logs from PV and use with LogTuner to apply the changes to a value file, or, you can use something like MegalogviewerHD to see what your air fuel is really doing. This is the same thing that the PV is doing when you do the Export tune step in Autotune basic. The biggest problem with basic is that you're only working with .981 lambda (14.6 air fuel) which causes the engine to run fuggin hot! When I'm trying to gather data in town I quickly end up in one lung mode...

At least that is how understand and see this process working. If someone would like to correct me I'm all ears...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts