Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Power Vision tune for a 2010 96 now 103. 10.5-1 comp, V&H 2-1 pipe, S&S MR 103 cams.
No, fuel moto does not have a tune for this set up.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Agreed. FM did not feel like they had a map close enough. I was trying to avoid spending $500 ish on a PV, then anouther 2,3,400 or so on dyno time.
Search Dynojets canned maps on their site. Find one close use it run some auto tune runs with just the basic unit and ride. To save time start on page 3 and go down the list.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a semi close tune and got the auto tuner on ebay for $50. I went on a 100 mile ride, threw the trims on and it ran great. I update it again every couple months just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Search Dynojets canned maps on their site. Find one close use it run some auto tune runs with just the basic unit and ride. To save time start on page 3 and go down the list.

smitty, thanks for the input. I did ask FM about looking at DynoJet's tunes. They stated that they had done that, and that there wasn't one close enough. Just passing on what they said. I was still planning on reaching out to them directly, but it doesn't seem likely, based on what FM told me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a semi close tune and got the auto tuner on ebay for $50. I went on a 100 mile ride, threw the trims on and it ran great. I update it again every couple months just for the hell of it.
I am not as knowledgable as many on this topic. I did ask FM about doing just what you said, they said that the auto tune does not address the parameters with the tune that they were concerned about. I didn't really think that my engine build was that uncommon so as to not be able to find a decent tune from FM. Again, I know that I could but the PV, then go buy 3-4 hours of time on a dyno. Just trying to avoid another $1K.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's your choice of cam. Look for something close to it. If you had a woods cam FM would have a close tune. I got a 777 in my twin cam and their tune was 5 hp close to dyno.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's your choice of cam. Look for something close to it. If you had a woods cam FM would have a close tune. I got a 777 in my twin cam and their tune was 5 hp close to dyno.
Follow up. FDR, I reached out, again to FM, got another guy on the phone. we're going to do what you suggested, even though I was told different yesterday. They are loading a tune that'll be close, finding a similar cam with high compression tune. My tuner guy can take it from there. And I'll get the much needed speedo recalibration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts