Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
How much do the bars run? They look good, but when I hit the web site it was a little unreaveling. Just found the ones for custom apps

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
These bars in chrome are $375.00 on Yaffee website. kinda steep but they look killer, I just wonder if the are comfortable on long rides.
Part # OEMB / OEM Monkey Bar chrome 10” x 1.25 / $375.00
Part # OEMB-B / OEM Monkey Bar black 10” x 1.25 / $375.00

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Yeah I found them, I was looking at the wrong website. Been thinking about pulling the trigger, but I wonder how they are on the long rides too! And in the twisties!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Yeah I found them, I was looking at the wrong website. Been thinking about pulling the trigger, but I wonder how they are on the long rides too! And in the twisties!
Long Rides I havnt done,yet! 262 miles is the longest in a day,so far. I never felt BETTER! Twisties? Once you get used to them, you'll be lookn for more twisties than you ever have b/4! Its like a another deminsion in riding w/these bars.I love them! I've got a thread on install, under "Not as Easy as it Looks"

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Any issues on these bars with abs? I know harley says on the heritage bars not for use with abs, even though there is no difference in the stock bars (between abs and non-abs). Just wanna make sure before I dish out the bucks. I do like the way they look!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
...also can anyone throw up a pic of the bars down by the speedo/tach cluster. Trying to figure out if there is room to mount the xm radio

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Any issues on these bars with abs? I know harley says on the heritage bars not for use with abs, even though there is no difference in the stock bars (between abs and non-abs). Just wanna make sure before I dish out the bucks. I do like the way they look!
I dont have any ISSUES! Thing is,... ya mite be willing to dish out the bucks, but ya also mite be waiting 6 weeks to take delivery!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't have any issues with the abs, stock brake line is plenty long enough. I got my bars off ebay, motorcitycycles if i remember correctly. Had them within 10 days to Canada. I removed a set of heritage bars prior to these, the yaffe bars are way more comfortable without the goofy kick up at the grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
I didn't have any issues with the abs, stock brake line is plenty long enough. I got my bars off ebay, motorcitycycles if i remember correctly. Had them within 10 days to Canada. I removed a set of heritage bars prior to these, the yaffe bars are way more comfortable without the goofy kick up at the grips.
Did you install the previous set of Heritage bars? if you did,at that point did you lengthen the cables? Those monkeys look way longer than my OEM set. I'm 5' 10" and need to bring the bars back to me a little, so I guess i'm asking if I were to go with those am I going to have to re-route cables?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Long Rides--Yaffee Bars???

Not a problem. Just got back from a 3,200 mile road trip with mine; no issues, pretty damn comfortable if you ask me... Just sayin.:cool:

B

·
0 Posts
i just bought these as well in black direct from bagger nation.
cant wait to test

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Do the bars obstruct the view of the gauges?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you install the previous set of Heritage bars? if you did,at that point did you lengthen the cables? Those monkeys look way longer than my OEM set. I'm 5' 10" and need to bring the bars back to me a little, so I guess i'm asking if I were to go with those am I going to have to re-route cables?
On my 08 there were no cable or wiring changes needed. The clutch cable is a little tight but o.k.

·
Registered
109 Posts
very nice looking bars. i had some z-bars on my old night train. i didn't install the wiring, but removed it to install gangster apes. just removing the wiring sucked. how was it installing the wiring with the sharp bends?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very nice looking bars. i had some z-bars on my old night train. i didn't install the wiring, but removed it to install gangster apes. just removing the wiring sucked. how was it installing the wiring with the sharp bends?
It's a royal PITA, but looks tidy when it's done! You have too take off the factory sheathing, it's impossible otherwise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I decided to bite the bullet and pay the install on mine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts